organizing decks

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

organizing decks

Post by DAS BEN »

hi
i am still using resolume 2.4. one reason is, i am missing the possibility to create folders in my composition.
i have a few thousands of clips for every kind of music and in the past years i created about 400 decks. the decks are organised like the clips, in folders collected, like techno, country, disco, nature, goa, sex, drugs, rocknroll and more. this makes it possible to react fast to the music changes of the dj and find my decks.
ok i could make different compositions with differnet themes, but switching a composition during a show results in a black screen. i could also just load a specific deck from any composition. but if i save the composition it is all messed up.
so it would be great to ad folders or to have the possibility to save decks individual.

another reason is, i am missing a soft luma key, wich is one of the most often used transfer mode. i dont like to mix up everthing. i am working a lot with back- and foregrounds.

also missing: the bounce button, wich changes directly from 100% to 0% and controls the opacity of a layer. with this button it was possible to create a small sequencer. the first layer shows up every 2 beats, the second every 4 beats and in between the 3rd layer.

and once again masks as blending mode. the new system is a great feature, but practically something different.

i hope this is not to much complaining, but i really want to switch to resolume 3, the feeling is much smoother and sexy, but some features, you made me get used to it, are missing.

yours ben

mandawah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: organizing decks

Post by mandawah »

Just to mention I miss
the bounce button, wich changes directly from 100% to 0% and controls the opacity of a layer
too.

Is it on the todolist?

Regards