MIDI Problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
daxx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

MIDI Problem

Post by daxx »

Hi,
I'm experiencing the following problem.

I'm trying to assign my 'layer" button and the 'video slider' of the same layer to the same fader on my controller. In this way I don't have to click at a layer when I want to play it.
But it won't work, any solutions?

grtz

zeropoint

Re: MIDI Problem

Post by zeropoint »

I'm guessing your fader is outputting continuous controller information and the layer select will only respond to a midi note........
Macbook Pro 17" 2.93ghz, 4G Ram, OSX 10.5.7, Live 8.2.2, Avenue 3.3.1, Faderfoxes LV2,DJ2, LD2, Monome 40h.

daxx

Post by daxx »

So, is there a possibility to make this work you think? In the old resolume, it wasn't a problem. But the new one is a little bit more advanced ;)

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

You want to control the opacity of your x layers with x differnt controllers? Right?
Select "Enter Application Midi map" from the mapping menu, In the bottom left corner of your window change the focus from Layer to Deck. Now you can assign different controller for your layers.

daxx

Post by daxx »

Hi!
that's not the problem, I use a Korg MicroKontrol, everything works, the only thing that doesn't respond is when I want to assign 1 fader to the following 2 functions: The button 'Layer 1 or 2 or 3' and the 'video fader' of layer 1,2 or 3.

I was hoping to do is so that when I touched my fader from for example Layer 1, the Layer would automatically be selected.

For the moment I just used 3 piano key's to activate each layer, but it would be much more usefull for me when everything went automatically when I just touched the fader for the layer

tnx :)

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

zeropoint wrote:I'm guessing your fader is outputting continuous controller information and the layer select will only respond to a midi note........
I think you're right. I've tried it with a Korg NanoKontrol. The nanoKontrol has 6 buttons on the left hand side, which can only send ControlChange or MMC.
nano-kontrol.PNG
nano-kontrol.PNG (15.27 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
But when I map the nanoKontrol buttons (which send CC messages) to the layer-buttons in Avenue, it sometimes works once at the beginning.

Is it possible to allow buttons to understand CC-messages?