Midi Mapping transport to active layer NOT specific clips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Midi Mapping transport to active layer NOT specific clips

Post by gradek »

Hi Nik,

Have you tried the /activeclip/ or /activelayer/ OSC commands?

Maybe i'm not sure what your trying to do, you said you want to control the :
active clip transport controls universally for any clip in any layer in any deck
When you select a new layer the clip playing in that layer become the active clip. when selecting a new clip it becomes the active clip no matter what layer it is on. Switching decks in another thing, I guess that would not work. Can't controls clips you can't see.

But I think you should get the result you want if you use this OSC command:
/activeclip/video/position/
it should work with direction controls too, not sure:
/activeclip/video/position/direction

more info here:
http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewtopic ... yer#p21896
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

The way I am used to working is to actually setup a midi map to layer x - active clip - and map each transport control. So I know that my controller first row of buttons is mapped to the first layer ... and each button controls a playhead button, backward, forwards, pause, random for the currently active clip in that layer. Whatever the active clip is in that layer - I want my controller buttons to map to the transport controls for that active clip. It is really logical and straight forward and I could do this without a problem - across all decks in res 2.3 - and it worked great.

There is no way I can do this with res3 mapping - so even tho the mapping is more flexible - key mapping, composition mapping etc which is fantastic - there is no way to do something that was so easy in res 2.3. Which for me is bad ... So what are you saying - try and do this with a third party software and OSC - yeah okay I can try - but:

1: why use a third party piece of software?
2: even with a third party piece of software I am certain this cannot be done ... /layer1/activeclip/

This was why this post was originally started, still there is no answer form the Res team - and it is still not possible. The only people who can answer this - are the devleopers.

Ideally I would like to be able to do this type of mapping directly with midi mapping from within the Resolume application. And From what i can understand I am not the only one. Thanks for looking. 8-)

lightforms
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by lightforms »

Hi

I would just like to put my hand up and say that I also am desperately in need of this feature as well. In fact if there was one thing missing or something that annoyed me about R3 this would be it. Please do tell us when this will be implemented it is missed. I have been wanting to map the transport controls to access the speed and also would like to do it on a layer/active clip basis. Surely this is the most sensible way to implement this? Please Bart and Edwin let us know your thoughts and timelines?
Thanks D

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Also my vote for active layer transport mapping. I'd like to go a bit further - video FX MIDI mappings for active clips/layer. For me, MIDI mapping is even more important than smooth deck loading/changing!

PLEASE!!! extend MIDI mapping as soon as possible. :!:

PS: an undo button is also on my wishlist ;)

vjtk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vjtk »

I too wish the midi mapping worked more like R2. I find it very difficult to move to the new interface as it is, let alone coming up with a new way to perform using MIDI.

edit to add: I'm amazed this hasn't been addressed. I remember when avenue first came out we all complained that it did not work like R2. Most of us have spent some years getting to know R2, now with RA we are expected to toally change out midi mapping! I spent a lot of time tweaking my midid mapping for R2, and dont want to change it .

Also no one has mentioned the way midi is mapped in RA is not nearly as convenient and straight forward as the midi tab in R2 prefs. That was the best possible way to map midi. This click GUI then move controller is not nearly as convenient as you must "reveal" each parameter you want to control before mapping it.

With new less convenient and less functional MIDI mapping and no old freeframe support, it makes it hard to fully switch.

And what happened to mapping in and out points with midi?
Mac Pro 8-Core 2.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR4, Leopard 10.5.5
Lenovo Thinkpad W500, T9400 2.53Ghz, 4GB RAM, ATI V500 FireGL 512MB, Windows 7 Pro

°_Trip_°
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by °_Trip_° »

+1

i said this one to bart from the first version... com'on guys! We need it

ez

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

+ 1

(Would love to OSControl layerX/activeclip/... beatlooper and cues).

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Although not mentioned directly in this thread, we are aware of the many requests for this, and are looking into the best way to implement this feature.

Joris

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

Is this ever ever going to see the light of day ...? I still would really apprecaite having this functionality - for ease of midi mapping.

8 months later + I have still not seen or heard anything about this ... Bart / Edwin / Goto10 - is this going to appear soon?

Look forward to some feedback ...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

This will be part of the next update, which should be out early April.

Thanks for your patience!

Joris