Avenue 3.1 midi strangeness

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
zeropoint
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Avenue 3.1 midi strangeness

Post by zeropoint »

My midi triggers, mapped via Live, have gone haywire in 3.1. Having to remap everything.......ho hum.
Macbook Pro 17" 2.93ghz, 4G Ram, OSX 10.5.7, Live 8.2.2, Avenue 3.3.1, Faderfoxes LV2,DJ2, LD2, Monome 40h.

gradek

Re: Avenue 3.1 midi strangeness

Post by gradek »

I though the same things when I started 3.1 but then I realized that the midi settings were set back to the default preference file, I just loaded my custom midi mapping preferences again since I had saved it under a different name. I hope you can do the same, if you saved your custom mapping under the default name, then perhaps it was overwritten.

Or what do you mean by haywire? Is the mapping working, but for the wrong item?
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

zeropoint

Post by zeropoint »

thanks gradek......I think you're right, although strangely my composition mappings have disappeared too. you know i'm so used to using livid union, where the midi always get's saved at composition level that i hadn't even saved the application midi preferences. i just assumed that when you save the composition that information overides the application midi preferences. my bad......

bart/edwin maybe on the next upgrade you could post a reminder for people to make sure their midi preferences are saved under a different name.

thanks
Macbook Pro 17" 2.93ghz, 4G Ram, OSX 10.5.7, Live 8.2.2, Avenue 3.3.1, Faderfoxes LV2,DJ2, LD2, Monome 40h.

gradek

Post by gradek »

Yeah, resolume does both, composition mapping and application mapping. Its good to use both. application for the things you will never change. like the opacity sliders linked to your favorite controller, and composition midi mapping for things like clip triggering from live that are specific to the clips or fx in that comp.

application midi mapping gets saved automatically, you don't need to save it as a new name for resolume to remember. but you can, this is good if you have different setups for different controllers, perhaps a multi screen setup and a single screen setup for instance. composition mapping is saved when the composition is saved. I think the application mapping in your case got overwritten by the new install since it had the same file name. I thinks it called conextualmidimap.xml or something like that. In any case composition mapping you did should still work when you open the comp. no matter what version your are using. :-)
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu