Connecting Resolume to Traktor

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
psifactory
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Connecting Resolume to Traktor

Post by psifactory »

Hi folks,

what about connecting traktor to resolume by osc? some people here with experience? is there a possibility to get some features of traktor (like effects) working together with resolume? for example - when the dj triggers an effect on his laptop in traktor, this effect controls an effect on my laptop in resolume too. i hope you understand what i want to do, because my english is not the best :)

greetings from germany - sebbo

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Connecting Resolume to Traktor

Post by Tschoepler »

Which version of traktor? Which OS?

For Windows:

- For bpm sync you need to activate "Send MIDI Clock" in Trektor. Then create a new MIDI device and set its out to a MIDI channel and tell Resolume to listen to that channel's clock. For OSC have a look here: http://www.dmxcontrol.de/wiki/OSC-Receiver-Plugin. I haven't tested this tutorial yet but it's the only one I could find anyhow. Seems quite painful getting some OSC clock out of Traktor. If you have MIDI or OSC set up correctly you can start adding MIDI out signals to your MIDI device in Traktor. I used Midi Yoke (Windows only).
- For FFT you can either use some cable connected from the DJ's computer into yours or use a program called wormhole. There was a tutorial posted in this forum.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Connecting Resolume to Traktor

Post by Tschoepler »

Edit: Wormhole won't work for traktor as it doesn't support vst plugins :evil: I tried connecting it via "Virtual Audio Cable" but it's not working for now. Works only with "Stereo Mix" from the onboard Realtek HD without Asio4All.
I read about some guys using Reaktor and http://www.osculator.net/ to send the signal from Traktor to Reaktor and then from Reaktor to TouchOSC.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████