Layer speed in Resolume 3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
doomss
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Layer speed in Resolume 3

Post by doomss »

Hi guys,I want to ask you, is it possible to manage(and map for MIDI) the layer speed parameter in Resolume 3? Some kind of global speed in other words.
There is only local footage speed as I can see, but, I have no enough routers to control all 30 clips speed... :|

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Layer speed in Resolume 3

Post by Joris »

Hey Doomss

There is no speed control at the composition level, or global speed as you call it. One way to control the speed of clips with one control, is to switch the Application Midi mapping mode to deck, and then assign the same rotary knob to the speed control of all the clips. You can also choose to assign the clips that will trigger in the same layer the same controller, and a different one for the clips that will trigger in another layer. That ways you'll have control over the individual clips playing at that time.

I hope that makes sense, and gives you the control you're looking for.

Joris

dep
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dep »

to answer your question, there is currently no way (to the best of my knowledge) to assign midi to the layer transport controls. it's on my wishlist as well... but, you can assign a control to the currently active clip's speed control. this way, you can choose the layer whose clip you want to control. it's what i'm using right now... you can still only control one clip's speed at a time, but it's better than assigning controls for all clips individually, imo.
to do this, use "Application MIDI Mapping" in Layer mode.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

dep wrote:it's on my wishlist as well...
And on our to-do list too ;)

°_Trip_°

Post by °_Trip_° »

Nooooo... It's the first think i wished from the first release....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease guys, make me happy... it's so important for a live act!

HopeHopeHopeHopeHopeHopeHopeHopeHope

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

one way to control global speed is to have all clips synced to BPM, even if your not beat matched to the music. you turn down the bpm all clips slow down and vice versa. maybe not an ideal solution if you prefer working in time line mode, just though I would throw it out there as a work around solution.
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

dep wrote: there is currently no way (to the best of my knowledge) to assign midi to the layer transport controls.
oh, I almost forgot, GeeEs seems to have found a trick to get layer transport mapping to work, even for layer speed. You have to have an active clip in the layer, and make sure you can see the layer transport controls (select in view menu). you can map a midi control to speed/pitch.

see more info here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5902&start=0#p22341
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

Rakesh

Post by Rakesh »

This should be implemented by now or am I missing something.

Coming from other vj platforms, this is my most needed tool to VJ properly. Changing the speed of each video layer. It's impossible to do now, since I change my clips all the time.

Drop the clip speed connection and add the layer speed ability. So I can use my Midi tools the way I am used to.
My style is mixing fast and slow videos, not the master play speed.

HOPEHOPEHOPEHOPEHOPE to be added soon :!:

Joris

Post by Joris »

Go to the View menu -> Make sure View Layer Transport Controls is checked.

Now you can control the speed of each clip in each layer on the top left side of the interface. Also you can map each of these to midi.

Rakesh

Post by Rakesh »

Should have gotten that by myself, thanks tho!