triggering effects via midi/triggering clipz to active layer

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
corunography
Is taking Resolume on a second date

triggering effects via midi/triggering clipz to active layer

Post by corunography »

Hello,

I'm very happy to see the new release with faster loading decks! I'm ready to start using the new version live!

Though, am I missing something really simple? I have a jazzmutant Lemur, and I want to program buttons to trigger effects. How do I assign notes to trigger different freeframe effects?

Also, in version 2.4 it was possible to select an active layer, and have the clip triggered applied to that layer. I can't seem to do that in Resolume 3. Can I have 54 clipz in a deck, and highlight the layer I want it applied to?

Lookin' forward to using this new version on NYE in Baltimore, MD!

Jon
myspace.com/avclubvisuals
http://www.avclubvisuals.com

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: triggering effects via midi/triggering clipz to active layer

Post by Joris »

Hi Jon
I have a jazzmutant Lemur,
Lucky you ;)
How do I assign notes to trigger different freeframe effects?
It's not possible to trigger effects directly with midi, freeframe or otherwise. But you can map the bypass key (the big B at the top right of the effect) of applied effects to turn them on or off.
Can I have 54 clipz in a deck, and highlight the layer I want it applied to?
Yes. In the composition menu, you can change the Clip Target to 'Active layer'. This will make all clips in your deck trigger to the active layer. You can set this on a per clip basis as well.

Hope that helps.

Joris

corunography

Post by corunography »

Hi Joris, thanks so much for the reply!

Man, that is a major drag I can't map effects to midi!

What about with OSC and my Lemur? Can I write a script to trigger specific effects to the composition? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

basvcds
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by basvcds »

I have the effects i want to use already setup in the layer or composition, and mapped them to either the bypass key for effects that i need for on/off of linked to the dashboard with dails. works great!

corunography

Post by corunography »

Oh wow, that is really disappointing if there is no work around!

In version 2.4 I mapped all of the effects to my controller, and would have 20 or so different freeframe effects to choose from within each deck. Is there any equivelent to this in version 3?

thanks!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

In version 2.4 I mapped all of the effects to my controller, and would have 20 or so different freeframe effects to choose from within each deck. Is there any equivelent to this in version 3?
Yes. Load 20 freeframe (or other) effects to the composition effects tab, and map the bypass key to your Lemur.

Joris