Recording&FFT from Winamp/Foobar [Tutorial]

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Recording&FFT from Winamp/Foobar [Tutorial]

Post by Tschoepler »

GeeEs wrote:Sorry for the delay... here is a short guide for using the wormhole2 plugin for line-in recording with Avenue.

1) Look at the screenshot.
I use Fruity Loops (FL) as the host in this case and just added the wormhole2 vst to the master effectstrip.
Now -everything- happening inside FL is sent to the wormhole2 vst. (In my case I selected a line-in from my soundcard "PCI in L", which is connected to my mixer/mic/gear). It should work in a similar way in any other VST host i guess.
2) Give a meaningfull name to the wormhole2 connection and select in the dropdownmenu this instance as the "start" (of the wormhole ;) )
3) Open Avenue and navigate to the audio effects. Look for wormhole2. (make sure you put the Wormhole2.dll inside "x:/.../...Resolume Avenue 3.0.1/plugins/afx/vst" folder!!).
4) Put the wormhole2 vst as a composition effect and make it the "end" (of the wormhole)
5) Use the received audio to record, use it to control parameters, enjoy!

That's basicly it. I use a emu0404 soundcard with emu-asio drivers and this combination works...
On my laptop with an onboard realtekHD soundcard and asio4all I can't get it to work. It won't let me open more then 1 instance of the wormhole2 plugin at a time.
Hey

Just wanted to record some music coming from winamp in sync with video from resolume.
I downloaded VST Winamp Bridge for Winamp (http://www.winamp.com/plugin/vst-winamp-bridge/146317) installed it. Then go to preferences in Winamp, open the dsp/effects section on the very bottom, select the plugin and press "configure plug-in". Click inside the text field that is shown and load the wormhole.dll from the zip. Configured wormhole as shown in the wormhole tutorial above (with fruity). Runs nicely, even with on-board crap :P
Last edited by Tschoepler on Sat Feb 06, 2010 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

Tschoepler

Re: Recording Audio from Stereo Mix [Tutorial]

Post by Tschoepler »

I also found some nice ASIO plugin for Winamp. That way transmition runs smooth with a buffer of 300 to 400 (compared to 1200 without). By the way: This is still using a Realtek HD chip onboard. You can find the plugin here:
http://otachan.com/out_asio(dll)_067.7z

Tschoepler

Re: Recording Audio from Stereo Mix [Tutorial]

Post by Tschoepler »

Switched from Winamp to Foobar. The Winamp VST Bridge screwed up Winamp.
Just put the component files from the attached archive and foo_dsp_vstwrap.dll into the "components" folder of foobar, configure ASIO out in "preferences/playback/output", activate "VST Wrapper" in "preferences/playback/DSP Manager", click on the "VST" tray icon, choose "VST Setup..." and select the folder where you put wormhole to use it. ASIO4ALL runs @ 64 Samples and buffer offset of 0.
Attachments
Wormhole2.7z
(166.16 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
foo_out_asio.7z
(78.98 KiB) Downloaded 671 times

leefeel
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Recording&FFT from Winamp/Foobar [Tutorial]

Post by leefeel »

Hello,

Is this wormhole still active?

I would need to record microphone live input with the "record" function of resolume. There would be a similar solution to do that?

Thank you so much

leefeel
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Recording&FFT from Winamp/Foobar [Tutorial]

Post by leefeel »

I tried that particular wormhole plugin on Resolume 7. It doesn't work