Rearrange decks problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
wplate
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Rearrange decks problem

Post by wplate »

Somehow between last night and tonight my decks rearranged themselves (maybe because I upgraded from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3?), I searched through the manual and tried various dragging while holding down key modifiers but couldn't get them to rearrange.

I thought to look at the composition setting file and thankfully it is just XML and even better the wrong deck order was reflected in the settings file. So a couple of copy and pastes later I had the order corrected and this was confirmed when I relaunched Avenue.

Update: The next time I launched Avenue the decks were all rearranged again. :-(
Last edited by wplate on Tue Feb 16, 2010 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

wplate

Re: Rearrange decks problem and solution

Post by wplate »

Well my great idea worked once, but when I relaunched Avenue tonight the decks were all rearranged and this time way more out of whack than they were before. This is my first time using 3.1.3, maybe there's a problem in this version?

Anything I can provide you to help troubleshoot?

The performance I'm preparing for has ten decks and it would be really nice if they were in order.

Space Blanket
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Rearrange decks problem

Post by Space Blanket »

Same problem here....Exactly the same whacky behavior..We've organized a session with 10 decks and everything is driven by ableton via midi. Just as we thought we were done and after days and days of organizing our session this problem occured. Decks load in random order instead of the one we saved it in. We're playing live in two days.....Please HEEEEEELP.....A solution to our problem from Resolume staff would be mostly appreciated.......Thnx

Space Blanket

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey guys

Please be assured that we're looking into this. We'll include the fix in the new release, but unfortunately it's doubtful that we'll be able to get that out on this short term. We hope this isn't causing you too much inconvenience, and we're very sorry if it has.

Joris

wplate

Post by wplate »

I'm glad you have been able to reproduce the problem and plan a fix.

I look forward to the next release.

pw144

Post by pw144 »

Hello there,
The Random Deck problem is causing me some pretty bad issues with what I am trying to achieve. Can you give a time scale on the update for this?

Many thanks.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey guys

This is proving to be a rather annoying little bug that can create serious issues. We are definitely aware of it happening, and we are hard at work at fixing it, but unfortunately at the moment we can't commit to a definite timeframe as to when it will be resolved.

Hope you can stick with us till then!

Joris

twitchdoktor

Post by twitchdoktor »

Joris,
does it look at this point like this bug will mean a delay of the next release? I love the current version, but hearing that a new release was planned soon has me pretty excited! Of course, since this issue has affected me also to some small degree, I too am hoping for a fix soon.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Our kind beta testers are now testing the second beta of 3.2.0, and if all goes well it should be out in the coming week. Unfortunately the rearranging decks issues most likely will not be fixed with this version.

twitchdoktor

Post by twitchdoktor »

well, good news/bad news situation then, but I'm happy either way. props to all resolume developers and testers, I can't get enough of this program! :mrgreen: