movies not loading

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
daxx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

movies not loading

Post by daxx »

Hi,
I'm experiencing a really annoying problem.
I made a resolume composition with 8 decks (3 layers, 8 movies/layer, DXV codec).

Often when I start resolume the composition just doesn't work, the movies are visible, I can see them as a preview, but they won't launch in the layer. This is a problem because I pre-made these sets for my band and when starting the show nothing works.

When I click on the movies the only thing I see is a yellow square on the movie in the deck saying that it is loading. But in reality nothing happens.

Anyone got a solution for this?

I'm working on a Macbook pro 2.4 GHZ, 4 GIG RAM, 7200 RPM HD (not unibody)

grtz

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: movies not loading

Post by Joris »

Hey Daxx

Is the BPM clock running?

daxx

Post by daxx »

Yes everything is running. Very strange

in this link you can see the entire image: http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23 ... 155106.png

this is a screenshot of my window (not the entire image): Image

werlin

Post by werlin »

i mentioned this issue some time ago...

they'll have to start in timeline and then be changed to bpm while playing... everytime... :(

edit:
i think the yellow bar is meant for audio loading status... since they're in bpm maybe res3 is automaticaly assuming audio must be there and keeps waiting for it to load

daxx

Post by daxx »

Damn, that's stupid!

I premade the sets so te switch to bpm doesn't had to be made anymore. Not fun at all :)

resolume guys, van you fix this?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The yellow bar is actually the indicator for beat snapping. Right now the clips are waiting for the BPM clock to hit the next bar or measure. In this screenshot the BPM clock is on 1.1, which is the very first number. So either this screenshot was taken immediately on start up, or the clock is not running. Daxx, can you confirm that the BPM counter is actually increasing? Also, you mention that it happens 'often'. Does that mean that sometimes it does work?

daxx

Post by daxx »

@ Joris,

indeed the clock is not running, that seems to be the problem.

Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. How can I make the clock run?

grtz

Joris

Post by Joris »

Do you have Midi clock turned on for any devices in the midi tab of the preferences? If so, turn them off and the clock should start.

werlin

Post by werlin »

yes that seems to solve it, at least i dont have the apc plugged right now, and when it is i normally tend to check the midi clock option... i can confirm it later and get back to you

thx joris

daxx

Post by daxx »

I'll check it tomorrow evening!

Tnx