Changing Comp Resolution.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ronambonfim
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Changing Comp Resolution.

Post by ronambonfim »

First of all, well done guys, the R4 is really worthy and I´m happy on buying it.

>> With the example composition (windows), that came with the beta installation, while trying to change the default comp resolution to any other, like 800x600 for example, the Output monitor just went blank, and the videos are only available to see in the preview window. :(

First I thought could be something with resolutions at all, but it works well with a fresh new composition with differents resolutions sets. :P
Last edited by ronambonfim on Mon Oct 10, 2011 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

jjm35

Re: Changing Comp Resolution.

Post by jjm35 »

I have found the same trouble. I will try to save a composition on desired resolution (no matters black display) and close and restart Resolume again for a workaround.

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

Changing the composition output resolution turns off the output to external screens. Activate it again in the output menu and it will run again. (with the new settings)

(don't know if this is normal behaviour, but i guess it's intendend this way)
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

ronambonfim

Post by ronambonfim »

jjm35 wrote:...close and restart Resolume again for a workaround.
GeeEs wrote:...Activate it again in the output menu and it will run again. (with the new settings)
Didn´t work for me any of those options, still black video on the ouput monitor, even trying to going back to the first resolution that worked before.

coz3r
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by coz3r »

yeah I have the same problem. Also when I put up the built in test screen and then go play with slices in advanced output.. the only way I can get that test screen off is if I restart the program

jjm35

Post by jjm35 »

Bad thing: I have changed example composition resolution to 800x600, saved to a new composition, restart resolume, and the problem persist: black screen on the new 800x600 example composition (no external display, only output monitor window). Reload the original example composition (640x480), and the black screen gone and everything OK.
I will try on every resolution to se if it is a bug on 800x600 mode, or a bug on any resolution change.

jjm35

Post by jjm35 »

Well. I think that I find the solution.
Looks like there is a problem with example composition that prevents to working when change resolution, but on a fresh new composition on desired resolution, the problem it's gone, and all works OK.

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

After some testing i found another thing...

If you remove the "Add Substract" effect from the demo composition (composition effects) after scaling to 800x600, the output is OK.
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

jjm35

Post by jjm35 »

Ok, problem adressed: when change resolution on example composition, que RGB values go to cero on "Add Substract" effect (I don't know if the problem persist with another compositions aswell if "Add Substract" effect is added). If I put any values in RGB, the effect work normally.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for your testing and finding of the problem, ticket has been made for it. Excellent work, gentlemen!