My considerations so far.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: My considerations so far.

Post by GeeEs »

About the "clear clip slot" question...

Isn't that already iplemented in a bit different way? OK, there is no direct keymap for it but a rightclick on the clip position and a leftclick on "clear" is enough. ( Or is this what you like to see improved? )

Also, if you want to replace some clips in a live situation... why bother clearing the specific position first? ... you can just drag and drop the new clip on the existing one and it will be replaced!
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It's not often I get to +1 in a thread, but I agree with the above comment whole heartedly :D

Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

GeeEs wrote:a rightclick on the clip position and a leftclick on "clear" is enough. ( Or is this what you like to see improved? )
I agree this is already an improvement and it makes much easier, but why not giving the option of mapping?
If you in are live situation where things sometimes need to happen very fast, where you need to be flexible, where maybe you have an great idea because the DJ has just dropped an amazing tune and you need to have your idea done quickly to fit with the music, this feature would help.
GeeEs wrote:Also, if you want to replace some clips in a live situation... why bother clearing the specific position first? ... you can just drag and drop the new clip on the existing one and it will be replaced!
Indeed when you want to replace the clip but what about when you just want to clear the clip slot and you do not want to put another video clip in it? people have different request for different needs, some people like to keep their set organised, sometimes it makes sense for some people and helps heir VJing to flow better
also if you are using the video pilot function for example and you only want to have 4 clips playing randomly you need to have all others slots clean otherwise it will not work the way you want.

Cheers

ixhumni
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ixhumni »

+1 :D