Really low Fps

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Really low Fps

Post by VjLuper »

Hi guys! I'm testing the last version (4, not arena) on my new notebook (Asus N75SF, i7 2630)

there is something really weird going on with the Fps
when I start reasolume, fps=55/60, but when I set the output on DISPLAY2 (1024x768) immediately Fps=12! Even without any clip video running!

I guess there is some setting on my videocard (I already tried modifing the Vertical sync, but nothing)
the card is a GeForce GT 555M (http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-ge ... 5m-us.html)
and yes, driver are update

I tried an old version (3.3.1) and the result are the same: fps=70 without output, and Fps=13 when output on DISPLAY2 (1024x768)

Perhaps the problem is the trial version?

GuruMeditation
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Really low Fps

Post by GuruMeditation »

I have the same problem with a GTX460m from the beta version...
It don't come from your version, I have a registered version and it is the same.
But personnaly, Resolume 3.3 run extra-smooth !
What kind of hard drive and codec are you using ?

VjLuper

Post by VjLuper »

It happen before I use any clips! Just going in output, without any clips
btw the hardisk ia 7200 RPM so I don't think this is the problem
n

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Could it be that the GPU is using Optimus, and it decided to use the power saving setting when the second monitor is attached? In general these Optimus cards are a pain in the ass.

VjLuper

Post by VjLuper »

Ok, I see. Seem that my card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M) have this Optimus technology
what if this is the problem? Its possible to disable or bypass?
I'm trying to set "Power management mode" to "Prefer maximum performance" on the NVIDIA control panel, but nothing is changing....

yochee

Post by yochee »

+ 1

im okay with 3-4 layers with clips between 320x240 - 720p but my pc regularly crashes 3-4 hours after starting to vj. i have analog equipment connected, so no problem but annoying. maybe that is because im still using some cinepak .avi, dxv .mov and flash clips at the same time? is cinepak still recommended?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

yochee wrote:+ 1

im okay with 3-4 layers with clips between 320x240 - 720p but my pc regularly crashes 3-4 hours after starting to vj. i have analog equipment connected, so no problem but annoying. maybe that is because im still using some cinepak .avi, dxv .mov and flash clips at the same time? is cinepak still recommended?
cinepak has not been reccomended in version 3 or 4, and as with every version of avenue ( and any vj software ) mixing clip formats isnt best practice, far better to have everything in the same format.

(320x240 is something i havnt seen typed for a looooong time :shock: )

yochee

Post by yochee »

:D yes, defo. i still got loads of old clips converted with cinepak.. and the older they are, the smaller their size