resolume 2.0 beta 2: post your bugs here

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
metaprofessor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

record right-click options window still has a bug

Post by metaprofessor »

as i posted previsouly in the old forum, i've noticed that the right-click on record options window still does not display properly. why not make it pop up just like the options on those other buttons (chaos, screen setup, etc.)?
Attachments
resolume_bug.jpg
resolume_bug.jpg (25.31 KiB) Viewed 14441 times

VJ Opto

Bug To With MPGs not loading after 30min to 1Hr

Post by VJ Opto »

So I had my first VJ gig the other night and I had one computer running Arkaos VJ (for Text Graphics) and the other running Resolume 2 Beta 2. My primary machine was running Resolume, and after 1 hour I noticed that running three 10 second mpgs on random cycle at high fps, I noticed that I could not load new files into the banks. Instead of a new file, it would just copy a file that was already loaded and then it wouldn't even play it. After about 5 minutes of fiddling with Resolume I closed it and noticed that Windows had an error up that the MPG playback engine had crashed. Relaunching Resolume resolved it, but not something I like to do in the middle of an 8 hour show. I had to do this 2 times. Once again after 30 min and another after 40 min. Very annoying.

I'm curious about XP SP2 and DX 9.0C having something to do with it.

What type of longevity MTBF testing is done with Resolume at the developer level? I think the forum community would benenfit knowing these test results or even devoting a troubleshooting thread based on just on that, problems found after X amount of time running the app.

My Resolume Machine:
ASUS A7N8X-E Mobo, 512MB DDR RAM, 200GB Maxtor ATA 133/8MB, WinFast 8x AGP FX5200 with S-Video Out. Fresh Install XP Pro SP2 all updates.

Could it be possible that there are certain OS updates that are conflicting with the application?

Don't feel bad, Arkaos crashed for different reasons on my other machine. But it would be nice to get Resolume working I have a big gig coming up for Halloween and i want to buy this app to stream between three computers, but not if this function doesn't work. May have to break down and buy the Edirol workstations. Don't want to do that.

Let me help if I can. Thanks.

Opto

vj pixelstar

Post by vj pixelstar »

We make the beta testing of Resolume for free...

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by cat »

As an update to my problem, there are no fx or sources and no resolutions to choose from in the screen setup box. Dead as a dead thing. Beta 1 still works though!
Help!!

therandelman

quick and dirty info

Post by therandelman »

why is the playhead of a nonactive layer freezing (except on ouse over)? for what reasons?

scrolling down the effects list still does not work properly.

effect drag'n'drop into a new folder, which is out of sight, is still not possible.

stay tight,
trm

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Originally posted by therandelman
why is the playhead of a nonactive layer freezing (except on ouse over)? for what reasons?

initially we wanted to have all 3 moving but when we do that it is very chaotic and does not add to having a clear overview, thay are very distracting. Thats why we decide to only animate the active layer, and the one that your mouse hovers.

pifco

deleting previews works for me

Post by pifco »

but i had only about thirty pictures.
That's not seriously my limit is it?

piff

Sense

Sense Reports

Post by Sense »

Here are some bugs we found;

1) Changed position of layers mixes up midi-control, only concerning speed.

2) Active channel effect won't respond to midi, until your rightclick the channel, annoying ;)

3) Vision Impossible still noticed bugs in saving deck, they get saves over existing decks? (Dont use pre-made decks, so can't tell you exactly)

4) Some minor interface annoyances, like where the hell to find a sample in 1 of the 8 decks if you don't prepare and load em. Can you guys make a shortcut, to jump to that tab / channel? ctrl-alt-layer (click)?
I load everything manually, kept it to 3 to keep oversight.

That's what I found in 3 gigs last weekend, more will follow if problems occur.

Sincerly yours,

Niels Kijf
Sense
http://www.friendsofsense.com

Sense

Sense Reports II

Post by Sense »

Some other bugs we found;

5) Scrollbar behaves a bit strange at begin / end of file listing. at the top, first 1 or 2 at the bottom the same (with preview)and on, are not shown or selected, are accessable with the cursor on the scrollbar-slider (but this works slow)

6) Changing tabs/decks, makes all flash files using vars, forget there values.

7) Crash on exit (not really a problem, but strange)

Some proposed changes:
1) Could you make the background color picker somewhat more ambient color like (more dark colors, cause there is like 1px line of colors I sure often choose, well you see where I am heading, lot of work to select a color, perhaps a pallet chooser? bright / ambient (dark) and please dont include the white outline in the selection, vj-flaw error trigger =D

2) Are there in/out points for effects in the planning, esp. for audio trigger this would be awesome, and needed.

3) Would love to design a quick-directory-jump addition for you guys, just like favorites but with keyboard shortcuts.
In addition to the decks, this could be a great speedtool.

Last but not least:
1) Does a general effect always gets loaded in slot 1, cause I would like to load it with a shortcut into slot 2, when slot 2 is selected, it still loads in slot 1.

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by Sense]

Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

Bart said : "initially we wanted to have all 3 moving but when we do that it is very chaotic and does not add to having a clear overview, thay are very distracting"

Wow ! I totally disagree.

I don't find it distracting at all, actually I'd like to be able to instantly see when one of my channels is coming to its end, event if i'm working on another channel properties.

If you can make the 3 playheads moves smooth I really think you should do it, maybe with an "off" options for thos who find it distracting, I just find it usefull.
(but less usefull than Loading active channels in RAM ;) )