file size limit - automation

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Anonymous

file size limit - automation

Post by Anonymous »

I apologize if these issues have been addressed.

PC
WinXP Home
Athalon 64 3200+
1GB Ram
Radeon X800 XT w/ 256 MB

1) When recording, file size is limited to 4 gb I am recording to an NTFS partition which should not suffer from the FAT32 filesize limitation.

2) In CHAOS mode, resolume does not appear to switch between decks. is this possible ? if so how do I do it.

SuperficiaL
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

maybe

Post by SuperficiaL »

maybe its an application setting, i can remember a post long ago from someone stating that there was no filesize limitation in resolume and requesting that it automatically devides the recordfile in pieces of 4 Gb. maybe edwin did...
im not sure because i didnt hear/see anything about it since than...
if this is the case, maybe a checkbox for 4Gb or unlimited filesize?

greetz SuperficiaL...

Anonymous

Could not locate

Post by Anonymous »

Hey thanks for the tip. But I can find no trace of any 4Gb file limit. I right clicked on everything. The weird thing is when it reaches the 4GB mark it starts again at the beggining of the file. This causes the screen to split horizontally. I wouldnt mind the 4Gb limit if it didnt append to the files. oh well thanks for your help!

-skot

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

1- we never thought that people would use the Record function to record such long clips.
so we never took care of the 4gb size limit.
we will put this on the bug list. i can't give you a workaround, maybe someone else has suggestions.

2 - in default chaos does not switch between decks, right click the chaos button to set wich decks you want to be switched.

cheers
Edwin

SuperficiaL
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

possible workaround

Post by SuperficiaL »

the record function records UNcompressed avi right?
so the datarate is constant.
so there will be a certain amount of time before u hit the 4Gb border. (im too lazy right now to get the calculator:) )
use your phone or something to set that amount of time and just stop recording and start recording again to a different file..

greetz, SuperficiaL...

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks very much for all the help and also for creating such an amazing product.

1) The new beta has the deck switching feature I craved thx.

2) I will hold my breath for the 4gb file limit. The issue for me is that i have to create dvd's for my shows ( I dj a set of my own stuff and so I cant run resolume live) . I like to create long dvds so I can loop it . For now I use the 25 frames per second rule and output the frame limit that will get me to under 4gb and then string the files together with my dvd authoring software.

Thanks again

-skot