DualView with Geforce FX go5600 problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
prokium
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DualView with Geforce FX go5600 problem

Post by prokium »

Hello,

I have a Laptop ACER 1705SCi with a GeForce Go FX 5600 and Windows XP Installed .. i have the last Nvidia Driver
but i see that i can only do Horizontal extention or Standard or Vertical extention or Clone ...
if i try Horizontal exetention it extend my desktop horizontaly .. now i launch Resolume 2.0 and i see the interface extended over the 2 monitors .. i see 50% of the interface on the first monitor and the second 50% on the second monitor .. then i dont know how to configure to use the second monitor for the output !
i really dont understand how to do ..

please someone can help me please ??

/Yaniv

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

you should have an option called Nview or something like that, that will let both be different. though im not sure if the Go series have them, but my geforce 4 does, and i cant see why it wouldnt be in a newer card, specialy a laptop

squaat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I had this problem too

Post by squaat »

Basically you need to be in DualView mode.

To get into dualview you need to select it from the nVidia displays dialog. (I'm at work and don't have a screen shot for you). But it's the dialog where you get choose the types of displays you have (Analog display + TV out , Analog display + Analog display, etc)

This allows you to set the refresh and resolution for each monitor independently. To use this mode you usually have to restart your machine (on 2000 pro anyway)

Your discription of your problem sounds like you are in spanned mode. An easy way to tell is too look at your task bar. Does it span across both monitors or just the primary display? if it spans across both then you are in spanned mode. In dualview mode it only appears on the primary monitor (by default).

Why does resolume appear in the middle of your screen? well in spanned mode you have 1 desktop, it's huge, twice as wide as a normal desktop. The old resolume could work in this mode, but I guess the 2.0 doesn't. It needs the 2nd desktop. It seems to maximise itself to the desktop, hence why it appears in the middle of your spanned desktop.

Actually dualView is better for vj'ing anyway. the ability to alter the resolution of the monitors independently really helps when connecting to various projectors and tv out support is better.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I (indeed) also had this problem

...however the solution was simple in my case....

NView or Dual is definetely the way to go, but it will only enable on NVidia cards if your monitors (or a projector) is already plugged in to your computer before you start up your computer!

...otherwise Nview or dual view is nowhere to be found in the Nvidia display properties.