No output on 2nd screen !

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
bridd
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: No output on 2nd screen !

Post by bridd »

Is everyone who's encountering this on XP ?

Just wondering, as a person posting above said the same PC running Vista 32bit ran Resolume3 fine, but under XP had this problem.

gdlt
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gdlt »

NVIDEA GeForce 8600M GS
Avenue stops responding as soon as i pres the display 2 or 1 button
I'm on Vista 32bit (and have no problems with 2.41)

update:
If i want to check the checkbox in the preferences -> video menu (disable effects). Resolume also stops responding.

bridd

Post by bridd »

I've just reinstalled my laptop to Vista Home Premium (what it came preinstalled with), and used the latest nvidia drivers via laptop2go.com. This has fixed the 2nd Screen output for me (and the laptop2go.com drovers sort my overscan out).

I've also noticed that my FPS seems to have gone up as well -I was getting ~20 fps no matter what under XP before, and now I'm getting at least 30fps when running 3 columns (dipping down as I add fx, of course). Running the demo clips.

So, for me, on a nvidia 8400 GS (in a dell vostro 1400);

XP Pro 32bit + forceware == problem
nvidia 8400 GS - Vista Home Premium 32bit + forceware == works!

I'm going to have to go and shower now, after putting Vista back on the laptop, but I fear the stain won't wash off ! :lol:

stadtkind

Post by stadtkind »

Hi!

i have got the same problem - tested resolume 3 with laptop and external monitor - and it doesn't work.

I have got a SAMSUNG X-11 with a

nvidia geforce go 7400 with 516 MB RAM.

if i activate windowed output i can see the output on the same display. the same if i go to fullscreen mode.
If I switch the application to the second dispalay i can see the output at that display.

but i can't activate output at the other display. -

omega driver doesn't work at that system, i have the newest graphic-driver installed.

thank you for help!
Attachments
LOG_GLViewer.zip
Logfile GL_Viewer
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 942 times

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

For all of you having problems with nVidia cards on XP, here's something that worked for me.

At first I was not getting any output on second screen, running Resolume 3 under Windows XP, with an nVidia 6800 card, and the latest Forceware drivers.

I fixed this by going into the nVidia control panel, Manage 3D settings, Program Settings tab, add Resolume Avenue, and set the Multi-Display/mixed-GPU acceleration to Compatibility Performance Mode. This seems to have worked.

On an Athlon dualcore 2.2Ghz system, nVidia 6800, this gives me about 24fps output with three layers.

(update) I spoke too soon. This only worked once. It's not working now. Either a black screen on the second screen, or a single frozen frame.

(update again) it seems to working fine now, after reboot.
Last edited by gpvillamil on Tue Oct 07, 2008 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

markoyoyo

Post by markoyoyo »

anybody using triple head 2 go????

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

gpvillamil wrote:For all of you having problems with nVidia cards on XP, here's something that worked for me.

At first I was not getting any output on second screen, running Resolume 3 under Windows XP, with an nVidia 6800 card, and the latest Forceware drivers.

I fixed this by going into the nVidia control panel, Manage 3D settings, Program Settings tab, add Resolume Avenue, and set the Multi-Display/mixed-GPU acceleration to Compatibility Performance Mode. This seems to have worked.

On an Athlon dualcore 2.2Ghz system, nVidia 6800, this gives me about 24fps output with three layers.

(update) I spoke too soon. This only worked once. It's not working now. Either a black screen on the second screen, or a single frozen frame.
Hey.. I tried this one too.. strange thing however... I could not add Resolume 3 as a 3D application. it won't recognise the resolume.exe file in the Nvdia config panel as a 3D app.
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

ilah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by ilah »

GeeEs wrote:
gpvillamil wrote:For all of you having problems with nVidia cards on XP, here's something that worked for me.

Hey.. I tried this one too.. strange thing however... I could not add Resolume 3 as a 3D application. it won't recognise the resolume.exe file in the Nvdia config panel as a 3D app.
ok so i can second this one as a possible fix/workaround. ive got a very similar system to gpvillamil, except its a 7600gt. resolume does not appear in the list of apps available on the computer, but i unticked show only available, and then add, just next to the drop down list. browsed to the main avenue.exe, found wherever resolume was installed. i then changed the 3d/multi-display settings to compatibility and performance. now everything works sweet as :) fingers crossed eh?

ilah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by ilah »

...and i just rebooted, and it still works..

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi There,
We did some tests with our own NVIDIA card and ran into the same problems a listed in this topic.
And after some tests we also changed the so called 'Multi-display/midex-GPU acceleration' setting in NVIDIA's control panel. This control panel can be found in Start->Control Panel->NVIDIA Control panel.

When this mode setting is set to 'Compatibility performance mode' everything seems to be working fine in Resolume 3. Untill we found how to get around this problem in the program ourselves we suggest trying to change this setting.

To change this do the following, close Resolume 3 if running, then open NVIDIA control panel and go to 3D Settings->Manage 3D settings. Then on the Global settings tab change the 'Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration' setting to 'Compatibility performance mode' and choose apply.
Restart Resolume and set your putput to your second display and see whether this helps.

Note this is a temporary fix, we will try fix this in the application ourselves to prevent users having to alter these settings themselves.
Attachments
screenshot NVIDIA cotrol panel
screenshot NVIDIA cotrol panel
nvidiacp.jpg (95.4 KiB) Viewed 16642 times