How about a mini sequencer?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
incuf
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

How about a mini sequencer?

Post by incuf »

I've been running some test with ableton Live, sending midi info to resolume for automating a sequence of clips. So, how about a mini sequencer inside R3? here is what I think it would be really really comfortable and easy.

THIS IS JUST A VIEW OF WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE TO HAVE A SEQUENCER IN R3. IT WAS MADE BY ME IN PHOTOSHOP. IT IS NOT REAL.

Bart & Edwin, if you feel it isn't right, please just delete the post.
thanks

cheers

IncuF
Attachments
Resolume with sequencer2.png
Resolume with sequencer2.png (83.36 KiB) Viewed 7989 times

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: How about a mini sequencer?

Post by gpvillamil »

Another way to do it is by having some kind of auto-advance on the layers, ie. have it play the next clip on a layer after x beats or seconds. Then the layer becomes, in effect, the sequencer.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

A midi sequencer is a lot of work to build, we,ll probably add some form of sequencing the clips but not untill version 3.1 or 3.2 or so.

serik
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by serik »

imho a sequencer would be great to have even if it would be in a small dot release somewhere in the future

ilah

Post by ilah »

mmMmMMm ive always thought this would be brilliant.
i'd been having these day dreams of rendering a series of 3d loops. each loop would have shared end and start point with several other clips. so if u could tell resolume to play a clip for awhile, then the next one in line (and sometimes stay looping on one clip for awhile), u could drop the assosciated clip in, then another, and make a kind of choose-ur-own-adventure kind of looped storyline. i've managed to rough it out on a test by hand, but it doesnt look so crash hot.

manoeuvre

Post by manoeuvre »

Basic follow actions please, at the very least an option to play the next clip on the timeline!