Audio & Video won't sync [fixed]

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
bodhiflip
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Audio & Video won't sync [fixed]

Post by bodhiflip »

As far as I can tell (unless I am doing something wrong) my Audio (Uncompressed WAV) and Video (Indeo 5.11 with a keyframe every 1 frame) (encoded as seperate files) do not scratch properly in Avenue. The Video scratches back and forth fine (without Audio) and so does the Audio (without Video), but when combined and you reverse the speed so they are playing backwards, the video jumps to another point, putting them out of sync. It only syncs up again (by jumping) when you play them forward again.

I'm going to try with PIC video Mjpeg to see if the problem persists, but has anyone had this problem?

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Audio & Video won't sync

Post by levon »

I did see a post where edwin said playing audio backwards was fixed, so the next beta should be able to do this properly.

bodhiflip

Post by bodhiflip »

Yeah, I guess it will come out in the wash. Just to clarify though, the audio does play backwards fine, its the video that jumps out of sync when the combined AV loop is reversed. But what I don't understand is that the demo AV loops on Resolume 3 play backwards and forwards fine, and I've encoded everything according to the manual so I'm not sure where the problem is.

Is anyone else having this issue?

bodhiflip

Post by bodhiflip »

By the way I re-encoded to Pic Video Mjpeg and the problem persists.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

It probably has nothing todo with the encoding of the file.
Are your clips in BPM or Timeline mode?
We will have a look and see whether we can reproduce the problem here.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Are you scratching the playhead with the mouse or external MIDI device.
Could otherwise describe the steps you take so i'm able to reproduce the problem.
Till now i don't seem to have any problems.

bodhiflip

Post by bodhiflip »

Hi Edwin, I'm just sending the video backwards and forwards with the < > keys. When no audio is applied, the video goes backwards and forwards perfectly, but when the audio is added, it jumps out of sync when < is pressed and the clip is reversed, and goes back into sync when > is pressed and the clip plays forwards.

I've got the same problem on my laptop and the PC, both with Nvidia graphics cards.

bodhiflip

Post by bodhiflip »

Also the problem is the same whether the clip is in BPM or TIMELINE mode.

bodhiflip

Post by bodhiflip »

I've just noticed that it works fine when 'scratching' the playhead with the mouse. So it only jumps out of sync when using the < key to actually send the video into reverse, then jumps back into sync when > is pressed.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We found what is going wrong, it has to do with the keyboard shortcut mapping. It is now mapped twice, once for audio and once for video and this is causing a glitch, we hope to have this fixed for beta 2 that we will release later this week.