Midi Mapping transport to active layer NOT specific clips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
glasshopper
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Midi Mapping transport to active layer NOT specific clips

Post by glasshopper »

I am still experiencing some issues - for example - I wish to map the playhead controls only for the active clip for each layer - not a specific clip / only the active layer - this will allow me to control [x] active clips using [x] layers transport at the same time...

I tried to hack the xml file but did not have much luck because I have no idea what the contextDetermination or mappings relate to - so I guessed...

Deck Mapping of transport backwards for clip 1 layer 1

Code: Select all

<midiShortcut isContextual="1" mappingModeType="1" contextDetermination="1" contextIndex1="0" contextIndex2="0" contextIndex3="-1" path="/layer#1/clip#1/video/position/direction" numBytes="3" byte1="176" byte2="1" byte3="0" timeStamp="0" controllerType="1" useVelocity="0" invertValue="0" optionIndex="0" pianoMode="0" relativeStepValue="0" startValue="0" stopValue="0" /> 
  <midiShortcut isContextual="1" mappingModeType="1" contextDetermination="1" contextIndex1="-1" contextIndex2="-1" contextIndex3="-1" path="/layer#0/clip#0/audio/position/direction" numBytes="3" byte1="176" byte2="1" byte3="0" timeStamp="0" controllerType="1" useVelocity="0" invertValue="0" optionIndex="0" pianoMode="0" relativeStepValue="0" startValue="0" stopValue="0" /> 

Deck Mapping of transport backwards for ACTIVE CLIP layer 1

Code: Select all

<midiShortcut isContextual="1" mappingModeType="1" contextDetermination="1" contextIndex1="0" contextIndex2="0" contextIndex3="-1" path="/layer#1/[color=#800000]activeClip[/color]/video/position/direction" numBytes="3" byte1="176" byte2="1" byte3="0" timeStamp="0" controllerType="1" useVelocity="0" invertValue="0" optionIndex="0" pianoMode="0" relativeStepValue="0" startValue="0" stopValue="0" /> 
  <midiShortcut isContextual="1" mappingModeType="1" contextDetermination="1" contextIndex1="-1" contextIndex2="-1" contextIndex3="-1" path="/layer#0/[color=#800000]activeClip[/color]/audio/position/direction" numBytes="3" byte1="176" byte2="1" byte3="0" timeStamp="0" controllerType="1" useVelocity="0" invertValue="0" optionIndex="0" pianoMode="0" relativeStepValue="0" startValue="0" stopValue="0" /> 
My hacks did not work - can you point me in the right direction - or add this ability to deck mapping ...

And I would want something like this for all decks regardless of clip - so I can change the transport with my controller for the active clip - which was working perfectly for my MPD24 in Res2.3/2.4 Can you shed any light on where I am going wrong with this ...

Also in my research for all the midi file hackers out there - mappingModeType1 relates to deck - mappingModeType2 relates to application - be careful with this one... it can create some hed scratching when you understand that application layer mapping is always the active layer for your control.

Hope I am making sense here... Tx.

glasshopper

Clip Independant Layer Specific Transport Controls

Post by glasshopper »

Helllo - guess I was not really making all that much sense... to put this into much simpler terms - Bart / Edwin how can I control / target the transport controls for specific layers for the active clip indepentantly of clip # using OSC / midi.

I am analysing the OSC implementation but can not actually find this information anywhere - is this not something people would want to do...?

Tx.

zeropoint

Re: Midi Mapping transport to active layer NOT specific clips

Post by zeropoint »

+ 1 from me....i definitely would like to be able to do this...it's really the only way that makes sense.
Macbook Pro 17" 2.93ghz, 4G Ram, OSX 10.5.7, Live 8.2.2, Avenue 3.3.1, Faderfoxes LV2,DJ2, LD2, Monome 40h.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

I believe this is coming in the next release. I've also asked for the ability to address OSC to active clip in a layer.

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

Great look forward to this release/syntax update ... Tx.

ROTOR
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by ROTOR »

is it possible with build 1500 now? or the _next_ release?

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

This is going to be hopefully in 3.0.2.

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

This is just a sneaky bump from me as to what is happening with this issue ... I basically have just tested the mapping of the latest version of the software and it seems like this is still an issue. I only tested it quickly but it seems like I cannot actually map the transport controls to the active clip ...

This was something I got used to in Resolume 2 and found seriously flexible for performance - the latest way of doing things I find massively restricting - from a playhead / transport point of view. Edwin / Bart - any answer on when this could be made available ... cheers.

gradek

Post by gradek »

If you just want to map the the transport controls of the active layer you can use "application mapping - layer focus." then whenever you select a new layer you can control the active clip within that layer.

It is also possible to map each layers individual transport controls, but the layer has to have an active clip in it first, while using "deck focus" Check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5902
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

Really appreciate you posting here - but to be honest I am convinced there is still a bug here / something not working as I expect it to - I just went and tested it now. There is no way I can map the active clip transport controls universally for any clip in any layer in any deck... this was an issue before and it still is an issue now. I followed the exact instructions you provided to ensure I am not going mad - and there is no way this works.

I had extensively tested this previously when this post was started and the issue still stands.
Yes I can map the transport for all the layers when there is a clip in each layer active. But the mapping is layer and column specific - try making your mapping and deleting a column or layer. You will see exactly what I mean.

Bart / Edwin my question to you is there ever going to be mapping to any active clip on a specific layer ...? I kno gpvilamil was also looking to do this via OSC - did that get resolved?
I've also asked for the ability to address OSC to active clip in a layer.
Thanks. GH.