OFXFFGLPLUGIN ADD-ON CONVERSION ISSUES

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
digitalgigalow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

OFXFFGLPLUGIN ADD-ON CONVERSION ISSUES

Post by digitalgigalow »

I want to convert FreeFrame 1.0 to FreeframeGL to us on my MacBook Pro.

Daniel Berio made an OpenFrameworks wrapper that converts your OF projects to FFGL plugins.
Use the versatile and developer friendly OF libraries to create plugins within minutes, Daniel's add-on is plug and play, an example for a source and effect plugin are included.
http://code.google.com/p/ofxffglplugin/

1. XCODE Downloaded and installe (latest version)

2. of_v0.7.4_osx_release, and ofxFFGLPlugin downloaded

3. Copy the /addons/ofxFFGLPlugin directory to the /addons directory of openFrameworks.
DONE (PIC 1)

4. Copy the /apps/addonsExamples to the /apps/addonsExamples of openFrameworks.
DONE (PIC 2)

5. Open the project file for one of the examples.
DONE (PIC 3)

6. In main.cpp: (PIC 4)
a. change testApp with your App class name, if it is different. And set min and max input textures. where do I changes this?

b. Customize the CFFGLPluginInfo struct. Which side, the right or left.

7. If you want to convert an existing openFrameworks app to FFGL, simply change the derivation from ofBaseApp to ofFFGLApp. do not see where to change this option.

8. I have about 92 FF .dll's that I want to convert. The directions say it will either create a .dll or .bundle file for use. does it matter if they ar .dll or .bundle and if so, can I just change the .dll extension to .bundle? I really want some of the VJFX.com FreemFrame plugins but will not buy until I am able to convert them.

THANKS

PS: PICS upload go from the last to the first.
Attachments
PIC 4.png
PIC 3.png
PIC 2.png
PIC 1.png

Stickygreen

Re: OFXFFGLPLUGIN ADD-ON CONVERSION ISSUES

Post by Stickygreen »

this looks interesting...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It's interesting because it looks like you're trying to convert old FF1.0 effects via Dani's openFrameworks plugin.

openFrameworks and FF1.0 are not the same, and the two links you're following do something different.

Dani's ofxFreeframe addon for openFrameworks is strictly for using an existing openFrameworks project as a plugin in Resolume (it's compatible with oF 0.6 only at the moment). I don't think you have any working oF projects, do you?

BigFug's FFGL wrapper for FreeFrame is a way to get your old FF1.0 effects working in FFGL hosts. It's probably what you're looking for. However, although it's crossplatform, it's not compiled for OSX, and even then I highly doubt you will be able to get .dll files as working .bundles via XCode.

Finally, as to your remark about the lack of FFGL effects in Resolume and on the web, check out the thread of the visuals made by only using Resolume. It blows a lot of the old freeframe stuff out of the water: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10189

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

goto10 wrote: Finally, as to your remark about the lack of FFGL effects in Resolume and on the web, check out the thread of the visuals made by only using Resolume. It blows a lot of the old freeframe stuff out of the water: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10189
Yeah, sometimes it's about making due with what you have, and it's actually more than you need at times.

But I guess we're all caught up in the exponential acceleration of technology and want it all ; the past and the future...and we want it 2 weeks from now, not one day more...

I'm no different...I like the old FF1.0s too and spent some time getting them to function again, but the new effects Resolume has to offer, are very impressive too.
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com