AS3 - Generating content with FlashDevelop

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
c023-dev
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

AS3 - Generating content with FlashDevelop

Post by c023-dev »

HELLO!

James here, I am new to resolume. I usually create video games. Currently I use the free open source tool FlashDevelop to compile to flash.

I would like to know if anyone maybe has a minimal FD project setup or other pure AS3 Code on how to setup a Flash file for use in resolume? (Created outside of the Flash IDE)

I have the classpaths set up and the resolume class instantiated and call the "resolume.addFloatParameter("Scale X", 0.5);" but with my first tests the defined parameters did not show up in Avenue4. I guess this is because I have them nested behind a preloader and within the FLIXEL State ?! (First tests like I said, and I dont want to dig around in the code too deep without asking a few qestions here - because actually I am a GFX guy =)

Flixel Display List explained

Flixel Internal Structure

Or could you recommend a different minimal 2D-game-framework that supports tilemaps and sprite animations? If not - I would love to rework flixel for this task but I would need YOUR help if you have any knowledge of AS3 and Resolume outside of the Adobe Flash IDE.

Is there any restriction on how deep the functions can be nested (when or where does Avenue try to get the parameters?

And to set the mood, this is what my stuff looks like (old liniar trailer):

And thanks for any support!

Here is a link to my thread on the Flixel forum:
http://forums.flixel.org/index.php/topi ... l#msg40823

And Big Snoop did something in direction that may be inspiring:

c023-dev

Re: AS3 - Generating content with FlashDevelop

Post by c023-dev »

Ok, just a quick note:

I've been having fun with just video/audio and made this for my first testrun with resolume/ableton and my trusty OP-1 :

So I haven't gotten into this too deep yet but I've just sorted out the first version and ... It is alive master! muahahaha! :twisted: ... ... :geek: ... for now...

I'm just gonna make a nice little cool demo for it... and it's kinda messy atm but just as a proof of concept

Oh and I kidnapped a monkey and will run some tests on him now (virtually)...

c023-dev

Re: AS3 - Generating content with FlashDevelop

Post by c023-dev »

Well here is my first testrun:

I somehow have the feeling that the communication via the Interface slows down the flash virtual machine quite bad. Like changing a float a lot is not a good idea. So here I just used events to trigger the jumping and activate the ovens as well as change the lights once...

Let me know what you think and if you would like to see more of this? Thanks!