FFGL Drop Shadow problem

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
blckjesus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

FFGL Drop Shadow problem

Post by blckjesus »

I recently started learning Resolume (loving it btw) for the purpose of creating generative effects for live use. I was watching this video: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCN59xuE2C0) when he mentioned the FFGL plugin Drop Shadows. I followed his download link: (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8506&hilit=drop+shadow#p31551) and have it inside of Resolume, but for the life of me can't get it to work. The only way i can get it to effect the video at all is if i turn the "brightness" parameter all the way up. In this case, I can only get a white or colored shadow out of it, which makes it useless as an actual shadow effect. Is there something I am missing here? I just wanted to use some black shadows in my effects. :cry:

I am running 4.1.8 on Windows 7 if that matters.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: FFGL Drop Shadow problem

Post by Joris »

My first guess would be that you have Add or Lighten blend mode selected on that layer, but your opacity is not all the way up.

Does that do the trick?

blckjesus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: FFGL Drop Shadow problem

Post by blckjesus »

OMG! Thank you so much! Sure enough, my layers weren't set to full opacity. (the way new layers are automatically set) I've got drop shadows working just fine now! :mrgreen: Sorry about the noob-ish question. Like I said, I'm still learning my way around the software. :oops: