Spack-O-Mat - FFGL - Bloom - Preliminary

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
trifox
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Spack-O-Mat - FFGL - Bloom - Preliminary

Post by trifox »

The Spack-O-Mat VJ shares his plugins and techniques and so I am happy to announce another ffgl plugin, it is preliminary because some behaviour and parameter ranges might be adjusted slightly, i am happy about any comment

*testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted*

This time a Bloom filter, you can think of it as a brightness controlled glow, which can attentuate parts of an image, making neon light or bright lights applyable to any input image, it is an "effect"

*testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted**testers wanted*

read more:
http://spack-o-mat.digitalgott.com/inde ... l#extended

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Spack-O-Mat - FFGL - Bloom - Preliminary

Post by Sadler »

Hi - I've tried it on my laptop with Radeon and desktop with nVidia both Win7.

On laptop the plugin does something but not as expected and also gives this error:
bloom_ffgl_error.png
bloom_ffgl_error.png (19.24 KiB) Viewed 18875 times
The plugin doesn't do anything on my desktop. No errors and doesn't change the output.

Your sine wave is quite useable - haven't worked out what the wavelength parameter is for though - doesn't seem to change anything.

trifox

Post by trifox »

i will update the bloom plugin throughout the weekend

1dsinewave-the wavelength is the speed of the particular wave 0.5 is speed 0, 1 is +1 and 0 is -1, i am going to update
quick param overview:

a wave is defined by wavelength, frequency, amplitude

wavelength - controlls the speed
frequency - controls the repetitions
amplitude - controls the amplitude ;)

i find the basic plugins very versatile as well, the sine wave looks good when layered, and fft input can be nicely used to modify the frequency ;)

trifox

Post by trifox »

please try the bloom shaderv2, i fixed various syntax glsl problems, added alpha transparency and negative color ranges for pre-filtering

not that it is an "effect" i use it as layer effect

cant insert url correctly, use above article link where i updated the download link

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Hi trifox,
I tried V2 of this FFGL. It could be that I am stupid and/or I'm doing something wrong.....but for me this plugin has no visible effect at all. I tried certain fader position and different blend modes...but no success.

I tried it with Res 4.1.8 & 4.1.11 on a Win7 Desktop with nVidia grafics gtx580.

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

trifox

Post by trifox »

have you changed the "Color" params ?

- the effect hast several parameters be sure to see them, either in the "clip" or the "layer" view, it is an "effect" which means it needs to be applied to an already existant image, either as "layer" effect or on a particular clip

- open example avc that comes with resolume
- drag the bloom effect to one of the lower layer movies
- keep all the params as they are, just slide the lower "Color" sliders to check if something happens

in the attached image i have just slided the lowest "Color Blue" parameter to the right, on the left side the untransformed image is displayed, all other parameters are default, first frame of video
Attachments
bloom_example.jpg

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

Now I followed exactly your steps...but I'm sorry! No effect. :'(

*cosmowe

trifox

Post by trifox »

cosmowe wrote:Now I followed exactly your steps...but I'm sorry! No effect. :'(
so, no additional error output ? hmmm, i wonder what the problem could be, your gpu is definately capable of handling it. it looks like an internally handled error, i will try to further improve ffgl requisites, and post an update later

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

great....thanks!

trifox

Post by trifox »

hmm, i am a little confused what it might be, since its just working fine (win7, amd7970)

i presume that there is a real exception occuring when running the shader, resolume treats it silently ( which is nice not making resolume crash ) usually this happens if something is not correctly initialised and referenced

but, i adjusted default parameters, parameter return values and initial states of variables, so lets give it another try, you have to manually coppy+paste the url to go to the download:

Code: Select all

http://spack-o-mat.digitalgott.com/index.php?serendipity[subpage]=downloadmanager&level=3&thiscat=9