2VJ. Your wish list at new year eve.

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
4omp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

2VJ. Your wish list at new year eve.

Post by 4omp »

Hi!
I decided to make something like presents to VJs all over the world. Write here plugins, features or something that you want to see in your VJ software and i try to make it for you completely free or you can send me present (some unusual thing or greeting card ;). I will try to make it both to windows (touchdesigner) and osx (quartz composer).
Write all you want in this topic and i will try to help you!

You can see my works at:
https://vimeo.com/olegchomp

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: 2VJ. Your wish list at new year eve.

Post by He2neg »

more vj jobs^^ =)

your bluescreen vid allmost got me ;) awsome idea... if i get it right / it´s a fake bluescreen without any failure of your system right ?! // need to do this... // haha
charascho...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Hey 4omp,
this is such a sweet idea. If you receive a gift back it will be a bit like "secret vj santa". I like!

So here is my wish!
One of my regular clients is a bit "different"...while the sets of the warmup djs he want the led wall to show black till the more important djs having their spin. But... while.. these black periods which can be up to two hours long my client have his very special "head vision" Image moments.

While these two hours he comes to me several times and say...."NOW....let it FLICKER...NOW". And I always think "now?...really?....now?...there is no music impulse to justify a flickering/stobing led wall".... he is the client... so I push the button. >> Flicker!

So...I am forced to rest up to two hours in front or near my gear waiting for those special -cliental-moments :roll:

I told him several times "the day will come...you will be able to sit on the club toilet...and are able to let it flicker any time you want it". ...

To be honest...till now I was to lazy to figure out a solution which has to be very very very very simple and handy.

The gift can be the perfect fitting idea....or a ready to use solution.

Things I thought about but discarded them.

A.
Numark Orbit Image // Too big + not enough radio range.

B.
TouchOSC // The procedure is to difficult... need to get the mobile of my client before the job to install and test everything....and seriously....he wouldn't like it anyway that I install anything on his phone.

§$%=)/)/=%§$")=/§$%"=)§$%"=)%§$"=)/§$%"=)/%§$"=)§$%" ARG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image

...Oh my god...I am so stupid...while I was typing you this message....I had the absolute :roll: genius :roll: idea to simply install everything on my or an old mobile and borrow it to my client for two hours.

Problem solved. Thank you very much for your "2VJ. Your wish list at new year eve." thread... it helped me and my brain to open the knot :D Thanks for the gift.

buuuuut.....anyway...you maybe might have a much better and simpler idea!?

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

4omp

Post by 4omp »

cosmowe

toucosc is the easiest way to make that, but there is another way.

I can make something like local network page with two buttons or hyperlink (on/off) and when you open this page and click on the "on" button, screen will show content and whet you click at "off" button, screen will turn black. You will need only bookmark this page in safari (or other browser) and open this site from mobile or laptop and click this buttons. Is this idea good for you? ,)

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Hey 4omp,
this is indeed a nice idea. Thank you very very much for the offering...but you don't need to invest time in this little project. I already found an old Motorola Defy and configured a two button interface on it. Works.

The idea with the lan website is pretty cool...but even with such a solution my client has to copy paste a link in his mobile browser :) Way too much for him.....he is a client ;)

hmm your idea also can be used to interact with the crowd.....collective vjing.....ok...this could mess up the screens totally.....but....it would be fun .

Thank again and best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

I wish a pretty simple thing :mrgreen:
A source plugin to properly stream h264-mp4 files to resolume. If you need to mix classic songs clips all night, you can't transcode thousands of 720 musicvideos to dxv just for a play; Or when the client gives you a pair of 10 minutes files on the fly, etc.
You can trick renaming your clips to mov, but the quicktime implementation over windows can´t play it smooth.
I was doing this reading two h264 files on a vvvv patch mixer and streaming to resolume via spout, but you need to change beetween apps and find a way to make it confortable (lacks of a handy file browser, dragndrop, you need to set up vlc library, etc).
As source plugin you still avoid the h264 native support, set a seekbar just to I-frames only foward, dragndrop files directly to the source panel, mixit inside r4... Maybe just rip off the seekbar and allow any legal dshow...

toastbrot
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by toastbrot »

hi santa ;-)

my wish is a combined spout/syphon-receiver and osc-sender:

imagine running a processing/vvvv/max/...-sketch and sending its output via spout/syphon to resolume. when you use resolume to animate all kind of parameters inside resolume (audioreactive, ...), it would be neat to have a way to send osc-messages back to your patch directly from resolume. means that spout/syphon-receiver plugin should have just a bunch of sliders (like all other sliders in resolume) that send osc messages. those messages could be read from the patch...

hope you understand. you wont need to switch between patches and resolume so often anymore and are able to crontroll your patch from within resolume.

that would be awesome!

cheers.ivo

4omp

Post by 4omp »

francoe wrote:I wish a pretty simple thing :mrgreen:
A source plugin to properly stream h264-mp4 files to resolume. If you need to mix classic songs clips all night, you can't transcode thousands of 720 musicvideos to dxv just for a play; Or when the client gives you a pair of 10 minutes files on the fly, etc.
You can trick renaming your clips to mov, but the quicktime implementation over windows can´t play it smooth.
I was doing this reading two h264 files on a vvvv patch mixer and streaming to resolume via spout, but you need to change beetween apps and find a way to make it confortable (lacks of a handy file browser, dragndrop, you need to set up vlc library, etc).
As source plugin you still avoid the h264 native support, set a seekbar just to I-frames only foward, dragndrop files directly to the source panel, mixit inside r4... Maybe just rip off the seekbar and allow any legal dshow...
I can make something like this but only for qtz (OS X), is that okey for you?