Particle Illusion to Resolume

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
Wasko
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Particle Illusion to Resolume

Post by Wasko »

Hey,

I'm looking to capture the emitter in Particle Illusion (that I'm manipulating live) and feed it to Resolume. This was simple when I was on a Mac, just screengrab the application in Syphoner and drop it into a Resolume layer. I know that I will have to use Spout for this.

Unfortunately windows does not have an application like Syphoner. I have made a Touch Designer project that captures a section of my desktop, but that requires me to leave the application window open in the bottom left corner and doesn't work properly.

I understand the basics of Spout, I have successfully imported Processing Sketches, etc. What I want to do is capture an application window in precisely the way that Syphoner does, which seems to be the only solution for what I am trying to do. Is there a way this can be done in Processing or Touch Designer? Are there any known tutorials on how to do this? Am I missing something? I have searched extensively online to find a solution for this.

Thanks.
Last edited by Wasko on Wed May 31, 2017 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

4eyes

Re: Particle Illusion to Resolume

Post by 4eyes »

Wasko

Post by Wasko »

Particle Illusion isn't a Spout supported application, as mentioned I've tried a few workarounds with Spout in Processing and Touch Designer.

I need a way to output Particle Illusion to Spout even when the application is minimized (in the way that Syphoner does).

*EDIT* Sorry, I wrote "I know the basics of Syphon" rather then Spout. Thus the confusion :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

look for a screen grabber that can be a virtual webcam.
not sure if there is one that can grab textures from minimized apps tho.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu