Flash files not vectorized in Resolume

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
quim
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Flash files not vectorized in Resolume

Post by quim »

I am sorry if this is a stupid question but for some reason my .swf files do not play as vector files. What I mean is I make my flash animations and export them into Resolume and when I zoom in they should stay smooth and they don't, it's like I'm enlarging a small graphic and not a vector. What am I missing? :?

Thank you so much!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Flash files not vectorized in Resolume

Post by Joris »

Hey Quim

I think you may be expecting this to work differently than it's actually implemented. The moment your .swf file is played back in Resolume, it will be rasterized. So when you use the clip, layer or composition controls to increase the size, you will see scaling artifacts.

You can however still have full vector scaling by letting the .swf do the scaling. Just publish a scale parameter in your flash file, and it will show up in Resolume. Check the manual for more info on how to do that.

Also, you can right click on the clip and via the settings, change the size at which is rendered. This should give you some leeway for scaling.

I hope that explains things a bit. Let us know if you have further questions!

Joris

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by rxfromparis »

[quote="goto10"]
Also, you can right click on the clip and via the settings, change the size at which is rendered. This should give you some leeway for scaling.

right clic in Avenue?? i have tried to right clic everywhere, in clip list or in a slot, but all i get is "show in explorer"
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

rxfromparis wrote:
goto10 wrote:
right clic in Avenue?? i have tried to right clic everywhere, in clip list or in a slot, but all i get is "show in explorer"
right click > settings - its in there