using QC effects in Resolume Avenue

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
simulcast
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

using QC effects in Resolume Avenue

Post by simulcast »

Hi all,
I'm still attempting to get my head around QC so apologies if this is a super easy question.
I'm wanting to apply an effect made in QC (eg. vade's Rutt Etra).
However, when I drop it into R3 it only seems to effect the webcam...is it possible to have it effect some pre-made footage?
Thanks in advance,
-simulcast-

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: using QC effects in Resolume Avenue

Post by Joris »

Hey Simulcast

The ideal way to do this, would be to have your Rutt Ettra composition available as an image filter, which you could then apply to any clip playing in Resolume. Unfortunately, at the moment, we don't support QC compositions as effects (this will be something for R4). So out of the box there is no way to do this.

There are some workarounds in this thread though, the easiest of which is to use Vade's movieplayer to load a clip inside the QC composition. Note that that could cause instability, so be sure to test thoroughly before going on stage with it.

Joris

jacwex
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jacwex »

Hi
Is this able to work in resolume 4.
I have a neat quartz plugin that I want to use within resolume.
How can I make it work?
I want to feed avenue with quartz composer media if that makes sense.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Resolume 4 does not support QC effects unfortunately. If you want to use QC patches, you can use em like any other clips.