External SWF controll?

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
patrickjansen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

External SWF controll?

Post by patrickjansen »

Hi, I got a customer inquiry asking if specific commercial flash animations I created ( see here ) can be loaded and set from within the Resolume software.

So my question: is it possible to push 'data' to externally loades SWF file (specifically, an array continaing multiple "string" values which is then used by a text animation)? I'd like to know what options Resolume offers to implement and access external SWF files.

Anybody any documentation about that?
t.i.a
P.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: External SWF controll?

Post by Joris »

Yes, this is possible. You can find documentation on it in the Flash chapter of the manual. http://resolume.com/avenue/manual/

Let us know if you have further questions!

Joris

patrickjansen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by patrickjansen »

Thank you for your feedback.
I noticed a few things, first the

import resolumeCom.*;
import resolumeCom.parameters.*;
import resolumeCom.events.*;

Basically I'd need these classes to successfully export/publish a .swf file. I'm currently only inquiring because of a customer inquiry so don't have these classes available right now. Minor detail but still.

Besides that, it's really unclear about how to implement Resolute interface to visual .swf result. Basically I develop "Components" which are "MovieClips with parameters". The documentation example

var showBG:BooleanParameter = resolume.addBooleanParameter("Background", true);

doesn't really explain how the back & forth workings between the Resolute authoring environment and the displayed .swf animation works. To elaborate, the documentation for example for instance doesn't say anything about Array() or Color() parameters/variables which also would need to be customizable in my animations.

Do you happen to know if Resolute has a tech/dev staff we can contact to get details sorted out?
T.i.a

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Patrick

Sure, you can contact me directly at supprt[at]resolume[dot]com.

Joris