WebCam/Quartz/Resolume issue

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
digitalgigalow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

WebCam/Quartz/Resolume issue

Post by digitalgigalow »

Ok, here is the issue. I have a Creative 720p webcam. I have some custom quartz video patches. Everything is set in the patches to go to the external cam. they all worked fine on my external DELL monitor. went over to a friends house and did a test hookup to a 1080p HDMI Panasonic TV. video went through great, but when I went to use my quartz video patches switched from the webcam to my isight.

what am I doing wrong? does quartz recognize which usb port the camera is in? do I need to change the Resolution in Resolume to 1080p? LOST :(((((

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: WebCam/Quartz/Resolume issue

Post by Joris »

If you want to access external sources with Resolume, it's better to use the Resolume interface for that, instead of loading a QC patch which is accessing the webcam. It's the same thing as with loading movies. You're telling an app (Resolume) to load an app (QC) to load an app (Quicktime) to access the webcam. There's too many 'middle men' there for it to be reliable, so it's best to avoid it.

I hope that explains things a bit.

Joris