Slider values for Quartz inputs

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
synapse_gh
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Slider values for Quartz inputs

Post by synapse_gh »

Hi guys,

I've been having a great time exploring the ways Resolume and Quartz can make generative / audio-reactive content together, with just one minor problem.

When I publish a value in my Quartz composition, so that it shows up as an editable parameter in Resolume, some variable types (Color for example) give me a slider value range in Resolume of 0.00-1.00 while others give me a range of 0.00-3.40282347e+38.

I have worked around this for now by adding a Math patch inside my Quartz composition which divides the input on these variables by 1e+38, but that feels like a pretty sloppy solution (and probably increases the rendering load of the Quartz patch as well).

Is there something simple I'm overlooking? I'm still very new to Quartz so I'm sure I'm making some noob mistakes!

Any advice appreciated, thanks guys!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Slider values for Quartz inputs

Post by Joris »

You can set the min and max values of a published input splitter with CMD-2. It's explained in the QC video: https://vimeo.com/11047601 (at around 1.30)

synapse_gh
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Slider values for Quartz inputs

Post by synapse_gh »

Brilliant, thanks!