Advanced output - polygon

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
erzor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Advanced output - polygon

Post by erzor »

Hi,

Situation:

I'm mostly using Visution Mapio plugin for my video mapping projects but since I can only set rectangle as input area it's not possible to map shapes like this I pasted above because rectangles will overlap on shapes so close together.

I tried Arena advanced ouput and found out It's possible to do this by adding more points in output tranformation but I encountered a new problem:

How do you copy output transformation to input selection so you would get clip playing all over the screen? Right now I can only manually set part of loops which will be seen in each slice. How can I set the whole loop/video to be seen across all shapes/slices?

Second issue - when I add more points and draw a hexagon my video will rotate - How do I keep my videos positioned as they are?

Thanks guys for your help!

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Advanced output - polygon

Post by pfelberg »

An alternative to this setup is to use a composition mask shaped as the image posted.
Just make all hexagons white. The white BG you make tansparent. Save as PNG. Load the PNG file and apply it as a composition mask. Presto! Everything you play will be showing on your hexagons.
Now you just need to map one single slice, matching you hexagons video with the actual shape.

LXConcepts
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Advanced output - polygon

Post by LXConcepts »

pfelberg wrote:An alternative to this setup is to use a composition mask shaped as the image posted.
Just make all hexagons white. The white BG you make tansparent. Save as PNG. Load the PNG file and apply it as a composition mask. Presto! Everything you play will be showing on your hexagons.
Now you just need to map one single slice, matching you hexagons video with the actual shape.
that may or may not work...depending on what you're trying to do

i have a rather long thread (long in length of posts, not number of posts) about relatively the same thing here;
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10743
Lighting and media server design