Pre Purchase Question

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
covewi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Pre Purchase Question

Post by covewi »

Can you produce a different mappings and save all the components - media / images, and output transformations for later use and each will open and play correctly?

Thanks

Happy New Year

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Pre Purchase Question

Post by pfelberg »

You can have different mappings in a single composition, yes. It all depends on your project and desired output resolution.
Once you save your composition, media links are connected to your decks, so everytime you load your compoaition your media will be there.
In advanced output, once you setup your mapping and save it, everytme you load your composition your mapping settings will be there.
You will have to select your clips, output and play them everytime you start Arena.
They will play correctly.

covewi

Post by covewi »

Is there an area where I can set the time for how long a clip will play?
When I record it shows a view with all the layers overlapping... not as the are mapped out. Is that the way its supposed to be or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

The clip will pay according to its lenght. Check the manual about the available play modes (loops, etc). Also cue points and clip speed.
There might be a solution using OSC commands to control a clip play duration. But I don´t know anyting about this. You should do some searching on the forums.

covewi

Post by covewi »

Thank you...what is the benefit of adding another "comp" in the output transformation like takes place in this video aound the 52 sec mark?

jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jim »

covewi wrote:Is there an area where I can set the time for how long a clip will play?
When I record it shows a view with all the layers overlapping... not as the are mapped out. Is that the way its supposed to be or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Use In and Out points (default short cut 'i' & 'o') and or Speed control. I personally find it best to press the wide clip window button and pause clip so you can can have precision. See attached image.
Change Clip Timing
Change Clip Timing

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

like takes place in this video
I think you may have accidentally the whole video ;)

covewi

Post by covewi »

Sorry I did not insert the link but now I misplaced it.

I am trying to compose a project where a sound track is playing in the background and want to insert photos and video at particular times in relationship to the soundtrack.

How do I get media to show or play at times I choose according to the soundtrack?

neilric99

Post by neilric99 »

covewi you have a couple of options to control the clip selection and sequence on your timeline.

1. use DMX control from your sequencing software
2. use midi or osc control
3. use an SMPTE source

Neil
in So Cal

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Remember that Resolume is primarily a live playback software. I think that you're actually looking for an editing tool, like Final Cut Pro or Sony Vegas.