Projection on rotating 3D shapes

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
erzor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Projection on rotating 3D shapes

Post by erzor »

Hey there!

Does anyone know how to get this into motion? Under comments I read that it was done with cvPosit, but I have no idea how to implement it to work with resolume.

Help me out :)

Thanks!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Projection on rotating 3D shapes

Post by Joris »

You can't do this with Resolume alone.

First you would need access to the rotation data of the cube. Maybe the stepper motor used can output that, otherwise you could look into using OpenCV to track it with a camera. Then you could possibly cobble something together using OSC and a programming language of choice.

At that point your probably better off just doing the whole thing in your own app actually. Mapping the video correctly is pretty much the easy part.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

the importand point is that the surface moves all time the same, then u map your projection to move exectly like the cube.

i know that u can do this with wings ( AV stumpfl) but this stuff is expensive....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Not too difficult in touch designer because of its live 3d engine. Give it a download.