Using Nuke for preproduction

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Using Nuke for preproduction

Post by jim »

Hi Guys,
I'm producing some tutorials on using Nuke, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what they would like to see covered? Is there anyone who is an After Effects User who has wanted to try using Nuke but has found it the learning curve too steep? I would like to know what your issues were.
Jim

I Like Pi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Using Nuke for preproduction

Post by I Like Pi »

Hi,

I am a die hard After Effects user and have been for about 5 years now. I have used Nuke and find it a very powerful bit of software. One thing I found was getting projects out of Nuke and into a usable format quickly and easily so maybe that could be a tutorial topic.
Just an idea.
Good luck with tutorials and keep me posted.

Sean

Laak
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Using Nuke for preproduction

Post by Laak »

Nuke for PRE production? I think you mean post?

I also am a die hard after effects user. I am familiar with Nuke but it's not so motion grpahic driven. I studied animation and we used fusion for post production (motion blur, depth of field, fog, color grading, ..) but I find after effects had grown in these areas with the use of some plugins ofcourse. Now I do everything in after effects with the help of real smart motion blur, frischluft depth of field, color finesse and if things get really post productionny i still get mocha.

I'm not saying Nuke is bad, I have little experience with it, but when i see demos and tutorials all i can think is.. I dont need these options. I am i big fan of learning one bundle of software really well instead of jumping inbetween software. I think after effects has a shitload of motion graphics option and some to do the little postproduction work needed for creating visuals and motion while nuke has little motion grpahic option and to much postproduction/grading/dof/.. options.