1.1 buggy?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Craig_

Post by Craig_ »

I haven't done a thorough work through yet but, I'm finding 1.1 a tad unstable in early runs. I'm relatively new to Resolume and VJing in general but 1.1 is crashing a bit too often for my liking and I'm not sure what the problem is yet. I'm using cinepak avi's. Ver 1.0 has proven to be way more stable for me. How are you guys finding V1.1 so far?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

can you be a little bit more specific on when exactly you get crashes and what kind of crashes? are they the 'resolume-does-not-respond-i have-to-reset' kind, the 'resolume-just disapeard-without-notice' ones or the 'repetitive-error-message' ones?

Craig_

Post by Craig_ »

OK. I have set up a deck (using cinepak avi's) in 1.1, had a little jiggle with a few effects and everything was working fine. Then when I reload the deck, on certain files, the proggy freezes and I get the window saying "resolume.exe has encountered a problem...blah, blah...Please tell microsoft about this problem, etc" then the program dissappears off the screen.

When I load the same deck into V1.0, it seems to work fine though, I was getting the same error window after I exited from 1.0. I also found that I could "trick" 1.1 by loading the offending files into the "F2" window but if I tried to load any of the "offending" files into "F1" the program would freeze and dissappear.

This very deck that was created in 1.1, seems to work perefctly in 1.0 but with an error message after I exit the program.

In 1.1 the program simply halts when certain files are assigned to the "F1" box.

I'll try to investigate these offending files further but it's weird that they don't offend in 1.0.

Craig_

Post by Craig_ »

I've just tried using some mideo avi's. I can load files and 1.1 will play them but as soon as I add any effect, the system freezes, then I get the windows error message, then the proggy dissappears.

Again, 1.0 seems to play the mideo's fine but slower when layered.

The problem seems to be related to the effects. I get the same problem using mideo & cinepak avi's.

I have an Athlon 1800XP+, 512Mb RAM, G400 32Mb dual head.

Hope this helps.

jesse_

Post by jesse_ »

I'm having problems with 1.1 aswell. See:

http://resolume.com/discussion/i-msgs.php?topic_id=206

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

ok we doing some inversigation on the mideo avi's hope to get back on this soon ...