R5 Missing fixtures in editor

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
stagehand632
Is taking Resolume on a second date

R5 Missing fixtures in editor

Post by stagehand632 »

Not sure if this a bug or if i'm missing something but when i was playing around with the Lumiverse fixture editor, I do not have any fixtures in my list. I can create new ones but I was under the impression there were some fixture presets in there already.
IATSE Stagehand Local 632
Barco Certified Multi Screen operation
Analog Way LiveCore Certified Expert Operator
Analog Way LivePremier Certified Expert Operator

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: R5 Missing fixtures in editor

Post by Oaktown »

There should be one fixture in there: LED DMX Pixel Tube 16 RGB but that's all for now I think.

Programming new fixtures should be pretty straight forward and hopefully people will start sharing their fixture presets with the forum once they work as expected (xml files found in the fixture library).

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Arena 5 is our first step into DMX and fixture land.

We're still looking into good ways to handle the insane task of creating and maintaining a fixture library with 1000s of entries.

stagehand632

Post by stagehand632 »

Oaktown wrote:There should be one fixture in there: LED DMX Pixel Tube 16 RGB but that's all for now I think.

Programming new fixtures should be pretty straight forward and hopefully people will start sharing their fixture presets with the forum once they work as expected (xml files found in the fixture library).

Nope I have no fixtures

I would love to see a sub section of the forum for sharing pixel mapping profiles. And would definitely love to see some tutorials on it.

On a side note I know how to set a profile for a video wall but not as familiar on doing it for lighting fixtures. I'm looking to map a Color Blaze 72 and one know how to figure out the pixels for that one?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Hey Stagehand 632, the Colorblast 72 has a maximum of 12 RGB segments so based on p25 of the manual (http://www.colorkinetics.com/support/us ... de_QPP.pdf, if you want to use all 12, set it to 12 groups.

Here is a 36 DMX channel fixture for you:
ColorBlaze 72.xml.zip
(483 Bytes) Downloaded 593 times
. Just unzip and drop it in your fixturelibrary folder under Resolume Arena 5 and it'll be available for you. This fixture is assuming RGB but you might need to switch the color space if the results are offset.

stagehand632

Post by stagehand632 »

Thanks so much!!! So I guess you go by how many nodes you have to figure out the size, makes sense. We definitely need an area on the forum for these kinds of profiles to be uploaded.

Now I just need to figure out what resolution to run the colorbast 72 at to make it look good. Time to play.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You're welcome!

Keep in mind that you could use a slightly different approach and use two 6 RGB pixel fixtures (or four 3 RGB pixel fixtures or ..... all the way to twelve 1 RGB pixel fixture) if you wanted to send different parts of your screen to one Colorblast 72.

All you'd have to do is make sure they're consecutive in their DMX addressing.