How to add text?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
kenncamaro
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

How to add text?

Post by kenncamaro »

Hey guys im new to resolume. Im using resolume arena 4 and learning it to use in our church. Can you help me on how I can add text so i can use it for showing the lyrics while the band is playing? Thanks

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: How to add text?

Post by He2neg »

either you somehow make a picture of the lyrics and use this or you search for a plugin.

There is no insert text here section in Resolume
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

kenncamaro

Post by kenncamaro »

Cool thanks He2neg.

I also saw this on youtube, about dynamic text? How can I add this to the composition? unfortunately I cant link it here

kenncamaro

Post by kenncamaro »

Got it now. It's a flash thing needs to import by vj homing.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

if you are on mac try this quartz patch: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11928&p=48994&hili ... eat#p48994
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Another very flexible approach would be to use a capture card, a 2nd computer using power point or keynote, and play the text file as a slide show in resolume on the top layer keying the background off to keep just the text.

kenncamaro

Post by kenncamaro »

ravensc wrote:if you are on mac try this quartz patch: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11928&p=48994&hili ... eat#p48994
unfortunately, im using pc :(

kenncamaro

Post by kenncamaro »

Oaktown wrote:Another very flexible approach would be to use a capture card, a 2nd computer using power point or keynote, and play the text file as a slide show in resolume on the top layer keying the background off to keep just the text.
can you explain more the process? Im pretty noob at resolume

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Here is one way to achieving what I'm describing (but there are other ways):

On your Arena Server
  • Install a Blackmagic Mini Recorder (or any capture device that supports HDMI)
On your laptop:
  • Connect to the BMD Mini Recorder with an HDMI cable
    set the size to default (probably 1080p59.94)
    open a PPT or Key file with a slideshow of your text file (white text on black background),
    go to presentation in presenter mode
    choose the Mini Recorder as your 2nd screen
On your Arena server:
  • create a top layer
    set the layer to Add at 100% (but the mode could be anything since it's at 100%)
    add an Auto Mask effect to the layer
    insert your Mini Recorder as a clip (under Sources),
    in the options select HDMI & 1080p59.94
    adjust the size and position of your layer
On your laptop:
  • Play the slide show with the keyboard or a clicker.
On your Arena server:
  • Make sure the capture clip is triggered
    Voila!

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by craftycurate »

Hi kenncammaro ...

I'm in a similar situation to yourself where I am often wanting to project text in settings like churches and conference events. I'm always on the lookout for a more full featured text display solution to integrate with Resolume, but I don't think such a thing exists at the moment.

There isn't any easy way to incorporate a full song projection solution with Resolume without running multiple computers, one for video and one for song words, and combining their output in a video mixer. I have used Resolume at conferences to do song backgrounds with someone else running Mediashout or similar for song words.

There is another package called Magic Music Visuals which can deal with text, and it has Spout export integrated, so with recent Spout integration in Resolume, it's easier than ever to pipe text output to Resolume.

Also there is a package called Screen Monkey which I think has more song projection like features built in, but I haven't used it recently.

I have developed a number of partial solutions but they are quite basic or in development at the moment:

1. I have developed a Flash SWF for displaying multi-line text. You'd need to have one cell for each screenful of words at the moment, and use the Preview window in Resolume to check their contents as there isn't a preview facility as you'd have in EasyWorship for example. See this thread: http://goo.gl/tjERVV
2. I have started working on a patch for Max 7 which will allow text to be sent to Resolume via Spout (on Windows) but there are limitations with this
3. I have also played with a Processing patch which can also be piped into Resolume using Spout.

So it's a work in progress, and there isn't a good single computer solution at the moment that I know of. PM me if you'd like to discuss at more length.

Cheers
Richard
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB