Resolume doesn't support WMV

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Teriander
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume doesn't support WMV

Post by Teriander »

Why doesn't resolume support WMV? I can by far get a much better compression with wmv 9series compression than any other media type. My avi files are always HUGE and it doesn't matter what codec I use.. After Effects doesn't output mpg files (or I can find the codec that does it) and DixX runs really bad with resolume. With wmv I can get a 3min movie down to about 10mb with Excellent Quality. An AVI file would be about 100mbs.

Does anyone know if Resolume will ever support WMV files???

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, the smaller the file the bigger the compression and more compression means that your computer must decompress your movies again. Decompression takes a lot of cpu-power so better wait for even faster computers.

seex

Post by seex »

Mjpg codecs produce very small files in good qality and they are realy fast to decompress.

MtB
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by MtB »

I suppose the reason is, resolume creates the video on disk on the fly, so, uncompress output is preferable due to less cpu/ram usage. arkaos, uses different method, it records your behavior and renders the video file after but the difference is, you can use the recorded video in resolme after you press stop :)

btw, I strongly advise discreet logics cleaner xl as converter... It supports watch folder, multiple outputs, redundant bla bla bla...

bw.

t.

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

for the same reason you cant use divX avis (or shouldnt) it requires the CPU to do to much processing, and if you are using 3 layers, your frame rate will drop significantly.

Teriander

Post by Teriander »

Ok, that makes sense... But I've been searching forever trying to find the best compression (High Quality + Small File Size) and I haven't found a good answer yet. Can you tell me what you use and what settings?

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

its a copmromise you have to make, if you want high quality videos, then you will have to have them a bit bigger... i use indeo 5.11, works great as far as settings, i normaly keyframe every frame (so you can scratch) and change the bit rate depending on what the content is.

Ruud
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Ruud »

i use indeo & mjpeg pic MJPEG video or any other MJPEG codec

mjpeg = same quality as indeo5.11
way faster compres / decompres
smaller filesize (not so sure about that)

anyone else knows pro's of MJPEG CODEcs?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hmm just codec a video sample in MJPEG as well as in Indeo 5.11

and i'm wondering - MJPEG is a lot more unsharp than indeo 5.11 ..

it's a police helicopter i captured with my dv cam and i can't seem to read the lettres on the heli wth the mjpeg codec because of the UNSHARPNESS and the jpeg artifacts... that really sucks ...

confused -