3D Viewer FFGL Plugin

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
MennoV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

3D Viewer FFGL Plugin

Post by MennoV »

Hey guys, i've been working on a ffgl plugin that adds support for rendering 3D scenes to Resolume.
At the very basic this plugin can be used to render 3D models right into the output.
A more interresting feature i've implemented is what i call texture replacement. This feature enables you to apply Resolume's video onto any surface in the scene. So rather than rendering the scene into a fixed video while preparing your performance, you can now apply the input from a capture device, ndi or syphon/spout onto your scene while running the show. Just give the material the name "FFGLInput1" and the plugin will apply the video to the surface.
In the future i plan to implement real-time lighting as well as different methods of rendering which will enable more interesting effects to be chained on top of this plugin.

If anyone is interested in testing this out, the demo version of the plugin can be downloaded from here. Let me know what you think, any feedback or requests would be appreciated :)

4omp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: 3D Viewer FFGL Plugin

Post by 4omp »

Resolume 6 or 7?
And where it install? doesn't appear in resolume 6

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

4omp wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 18:30 Resolume 6 or 7?
FFGL2 means Resolume 7

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Menno wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 18:26 Image

Hey guys, i've been working on a ffgl plugin that adds support for rendering 3D scenes to Resolume.
At the very basic this plugin can be used to render 3D models right into the output.
A more interresting feature i've implemented is what i call texture replacement. This feature enables you to apply Resolume's video onto any surface in the scene. So rather than rendering the scene into a fixed video while preparing your performance, you can now apply the input from a capture device, ndi or syphon/spout onto your scene while running the show. Just give the material the name "FFGLInput1" and the plugin will apply the video to the surface.
In the future i plan to implement real-time lighting as well as different methods of rendering which will enable more interesting effects to be chained on top of this plugin.

If anyone is interested in testing this out, the demo version of the plugin can be downloaded from here. Let me know what you think, any feedback or requests would be appreciated :)
Now if we can just get the UV mapping to work ;)

MennoV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by MennoV »

4omp wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 18:30 Resolume 6 or 7?
The plugin requires FFGL 2.1. This is available from Resolume 7.0.3 and up. By default the installer installs in the extra effects folder (user/documents/resolume arena/extra effects/). If you choose to install it elsewhere you need to manually add the directory to Resolume's video preferences.