Resolume 7 Text Block Countdown Comp

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume 7 Text Block Countdown Comp

Post by DHoude »

So, I loved the Countdown idea that is now possible in 7.1. Thank you Resolume! Well done! I recreated the demo clip that Resolume made so you don't have to. But that was just the start of creating other designs. I made a different Text "size" envelope where each digit zooms in. Then another where the end size amount increases, so it gets more dramatic as you get closer. Last, I added one of Doc Optic's 3D text clips, using Linear Cloner (Credit Doc Optic and link to 3D Text tutorial below). Here is the comp file.
Coundown v3.avc
(180 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
https://docoptic.com/resolume-6-preset-3d-text-clips/

Nothing here is "groundbreaking" yet, but I hope to add more soon. Enjoy!

It would be awesome if you could add any or all of these to this thread:
1. You share your new ideas for countdowns here using built-in effects. So that I/we can make them a reality, if possible.
2. Share your variations of this comp here.
3. Share your gig pictures using these countdowns from your show.

Now if only I could set a target time and reference system time for a longer status of the countdown. For example, when I start the night you would see that there are several hours to go and the band can just look back at any time to see how long they have (hours, min, sec) until the target time. That would be amazing!

I am hoping to learn more about plugin coding in 2020 and maybe the best way to achieve this without Touchdesigner or other external apps. If you have any ideas, PM me. I would love to avoid ideas that will not work and wasted time. Thanks!
Last edited by DHoude on Wed Dec 25, 2019 17:43, edited 4 times in total.

DHoude

Re: Resolume 7 Text Block Countdown Comp

Post by DHoude »

Looks like my comp file link died. All fixed with more options!
Countdown.jpg

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

It seems like some of my animations that were in time, shifted after coming back to the project. I added some fades and fixed shifted the timing. The V3 comp fixes this

Merry Christmas! Or Happy Holidays!

pette

Post by pette »

Hi, but what about the countdown?
So how can I use numbers?
thanks

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Hello! Sorry for the delay. I am not sure I understand the question. If you download my composition file and open it in Resolume, you will see that the countdowns are already laid out for you. Noting to figure out and a bunch of different designs to choose from and modify.

Just click on one of the clips with 10 seconds left to midnight. There will be a digit change every second, with a pause on the final "Happy New Year" you can change that part to say anything by editing the Text Block effect. Just scroll to the bottom of the Text Block window.

The main warning I will give you is that my animations are based off of 11 lines of text. So my animations will be wrong if you change the amount of lines.

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

If it is a question of how is this possible with Text Block. Just type out each line (can be anything). Then set the Text Block itself to Timeline playback.

Now set your duration time. Here my duration time is 11 seconds because I have 11 text lines to flip through. A 10 second count, and then a final greeting message. 11 layers, each triggered in 1 second = 11 seconds.
Countdown.jpg
You will probably want the timeline end to either stop and pause or stop and clear so the countdown does not repeat over and over if you don't shut it off in time.

drxian
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by drxian »

hmmm ive added lines form 30 down . adjusted steps to be 31 but I'm getting the double digits form 31 to 10 playing half speed then the ones form 9-0 going very fast. whats going on do you think?

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Ok, I got this too. Originally I left spaces between each line, in the 10-second count.

When I added the 30 to 11 counts, at some point the 10 to 1 count lines had the gaps between the line removed. So that could be the issue. I can't remember why I did that, might be for the fades or zoom steps I made.

I guess just make sure that all lines have a gap between them or no gap between them. Once I removed the gaps, it played though at the same speed.

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

I made a 30-sec count for you. Not enough time right now to work out all the math on the fades or individual zooms, but this looks good for a last min throw together.
Coundown v5.avc
(201.87 KiB) Downloaded 957 times