Timed midi or osc commands

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Timed midi or osc commands

Post by Arvol »

There's a "start on 1" option in TD that is "On" By default. I can turn this off and i'm sure that will fix it, or it might be the way Arena is setup with Middle C being in ableton mode?
LMK if you want me to change it.

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DHoude »

I think we can leave it and I can work from here. Most of my programs Auto learn the midi. Maybe in a "final release".

One last issue might be that I can't set different Midi notes for each trigger. Meaning, I can set up a note for Trigger 1, when I move to set up Trigger 2, the note is set to what Trigger 1 was. When I change it for Trigger 2, it also changes Trigger 1

It might just be the interface though. When I look in the settings of Trigger, it looks like I have set different notes

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

That's a bug, I'll dive into that tomorrow. (python scripting not playing nice)

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Thanks and no pressure. It would be nice to have it working, but I only need 1 trigger to get the timing exact, and I can do that with what I have. I am loving this Trigger app you made.

Also having trouble sending midi data to two outputs. I will keep testing though. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Like a "Y" cable? 1 input 2 outputs (duplicated from the input?) The app only uses a single MIDI device, so you might need virtual driver that can duplicate?
Would OSC not work for you using a local loopback adapter?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Yup I'm a dummy. I renamed some of my operators from "note" and "channel" to "midi_note" and "midi_channel" and didn't update 2 of my scripts lol. easy fix, redownload the files and you should be good to go ;) good catch. thanks

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Thank you for the last min support! I will check out now.

The LoopMidi is one Midi driver, similar to what you are talking about. Using it for my stream deck already. I actually tried setting two software to the same Loop port. It does kind of work. But when I do that, vMix seems to think there is a double trigger. Almost as if there was feedback.

Unfortunately, vMix (my show assembly software) & Virtual DJ seem to only support Midi.

Being that I am so many parts to my own show, I would love to automate some things. I only have 2 people (My wife & I) to run this. Trigger will be amazing for that. Resolume is the only thing running on a second PC. So I am triggering everything in vMix & VDJ on the machine that I am also live mixing music videos on.

Ok, I am going to get to testing. Thank you so much for all the help!!
Attachments
stage.JPG

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

There still seem to be a couple of small glitches now. It seems like I need "Latch" enabled. When I change Trigger numbers, Latch sticks like the Midi value too.

When that happens, the Go button stops working after programming a few values. Then when I click the previous Trigger number, it is like I also instantly pressed the Go button for that trigger.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

DHoude wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 16:00 There still seem to be a couple of small glitches now. It seems like I need "Latch" enabled. When I change Trigger numbers, Latch sticks like the Midi value too.

When that happens, the Go button stops working after programming a few values. Then when I click the previous Trigger number, it is like I also instantly pressed the Go button for that trigger.
shoot me an email at support@pixelparty.us and i'll work with you there. Not trying to blow up the Resolume forum, with non Resolume support stuff ;) hehe