apple + d-fuse

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

apple + d-fuse

Post by VJzoo »

a friend sent me a link to an article on the apple site about D-fuse and i qoute:

“One thing I noticed at live veejay performances — you can instantly tell people’s work just by what computers they use. If they’re using PCs, generally they’ve got atrocious design standards.”

thats some apple snobs if i ever saw some ;)

for full article http://www.apple.com/pro/design/d-fuse/index2.html

rather intresting that apple are getting behind vjing more and more.

[Edited on 16-11-2005 by bunniboi]

lucidhouse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by lucidhouse »

that is snobbie... [hey if you use this type of camera your picture and composition will be more arty! ] what bull Sh*t . Sound's like theyre sucking a bit of corporate C**k there...:cool:

But now I'm wondering why so many Mac based VJ's want resolume ? :P

[Edited on 16-11-2005 by lucidhouse]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

it is indeed good to see apple support vj-ing but you always need to take editorial content on a corporate site with a big grain of salt. they will say anything for 10% discount on a powerbook i recon :-)

but it sounds weird comming from d-fuse, we actually met 2 members of dfuse on a vj battle in Budapest last year and we had the best time with them! no arrogance what so ever!

continuity-B

Post by continuity-B »

I think there's truth in it to be honest, but badly put.

Mac user's want resolume because there's no software mixer like it on mac (none as developed as resolume). Gridpro, VDMX et al all work in a really different way to Resolume.

levon

Post by levon »

One thing I noticed at live veejay performances — you can instantly tell people’s work just by what computers they use. If they’re using MAC s, generally they feel like they have to prove to everyone else that they rock more cause they use a mac.

lucidhouse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by lucidhouse »

I do agree that Mac's are better integrated, hence the work flow tends to be smoother and you can get things done without to much unnecessary stress...:mad: But I'd never presume that someone isn't talented because their not using a certain piece of kit...

yes Bart, I've also bumped into them [d-fuse] and they seemed pretty cool.

continuity-B

Post by continuity-B »

It think it might be their interpretation of the fact people with formal visual art training or who work as professional creatives will more likely use macs by convention and vice versa

draw your own conclusion

"I'd never presume that someone isn't talented because their not using a certain piece of kit..."

Exactly

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, i usually use Combustion and After Effects to create my flicks on a Mac. After that i export my shit to mjpeg for use in Resolume...