Resolume running in Vista

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume running in Vista

Post by gradek »

Has anyone tried running Resolume (any version) in windows vista yet?...
Any offical word on compatibility?
:o

--Martin
Last edited by gradek on Sun Jan 04, 2009 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

I have vista - but have not installed it yet due to lack of drivers for all my hardware... it may be a little while before i make the big move.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We have not had a chance to try it yet, so we,d love to hear anyone's experiences.

gradek

Post by gradek »

Ok, guys here is the deal. I got a chance to install Resolume 2.4 on windows Vista. The install worked fine, and it even started up good. I changed my monitor setting and Resolume crashed, on the second boot, I was able to get the second monitor working, and starting to play some of the sample clips. However then it starting acting buggy, some of the sample clips would not play and others would just register black. the whole thing was very unstable and crashed with in about 2-5 min after playing clips. I have an older Athlon 2400+ with 1gb ram with a ATI Radeon 9600 all in wonder Graphics card.

Bart, do you think the next version of Resolume will be Vista Compatible?... and when might it be coming?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Ok good to know that it,s not a smooth ride. We will install Vista here and have a look. To program Resolume on Vista we need to install Delphi 5 and we do not yet know if that is Vista compatible. We can not yet say how fast we can get a Vista comatible Resolume done as there are many factors involved, but we are working on it!

lotech

Post by lotech »

I was running the Betas of Vista and the RTM for a couple of months on my MacBook Pro and it runs fine. Although now I've switched full time to OSX and with a real basic boot to XP for Resolume. My experiences were fine and everything works.

I think Resolume always crashed on closing and randomly (but not often) when running. But neither I would make Resolume Vista incompatible. Some of this I think is the usual bugs you would find on XP too.

One things for sure, if you haven't got a DirectX 9 graphics card you will find the whole Vista UI in basic mode (basically XP with a different skin) - and as result means Vista is really a more bloated version of the copy of XP you're already using. Desktop search will no doubt index when you're at a gig and the security system will constantly annoy you.

Don't get me wrong Vista is better than XP, but thats for day to day usage - VJ's should stick to XP until they end up with a computer that comes with Vista. You can keep XP lean, disable a lot of crap and will find the drivers for XP are far more dialed.

ElectricExcuse
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ElectricExcuse »

I use windows vista and resolume at a few gigs new and i'll post my findings:
- first of all you need the disable the UAC or it will bugg you during your show . You can do this by pressing the
windows logo + r and typ "msconfig".
Then you go to tools and set this option

Secondly you need to disable all of vista's visual mambo jambo. You can do this by just right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize. Click the “Window Color and Appearance”.
In the next screen, click the link near the bottom for “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”

Final and only for those who veejay on portables, set your power plan to the max. Open the Control Panel.
Open the Power Options applet. If you're using the default categorised view, the Power Options applet can
be found in the Hardware and Sound section.
Set the plan to high performance.

All of the above makes shure that resolume runs a lot smoother on windows vista.
No more problems than on a regular windows xp machine.

Using windows vista ultimate btw.

Cheers

Dave

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Good to hear that you have been running Resolume on Vista! Thanx for this usefull info.

vanooijen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Vista problems

Post by vanooijen »

Hi guy's,

It is good to hear some of you manage to get Resolume working in Vista, but I followed up on the previous tips from other users but it isn't helping.

I can start up Resolume but clips are freezing straight away, no or little previews, when I want to go to screen settings I get a blanc window and I cannot trigger any clip to play!

Could it be a problem with my drivers?

Medion Notebook
1.66 gig intel processor dual core
1 gig RAM
Shared Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 ( I believe 128MB )

I just hate Vista because I can also not use Abletonlive...

Can anybody help me please???

Regards,

Seb

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

Also to try and win back some processores its a good idea to go...

control panel>system>advanced tab> performance and disble all effects for best performance!

should do the trick and help speed it up!

Vista is awful in every way possible and XP is a blessing althought it is possible to VJ i just have not tried any sort of second display output. i might try it tomorrow!

:cool: