What software does everyone use to edit clips ?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
coolhandloop
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by coolhandloop »

for choppin up clips i would generally use premier 6.5..very handy programme..for more efeectd etc i use aft effects and flash..not sure about whatever software that comes with vista is like..movie maker is great though for cutting up stuff

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

we find the best soft for cutting stuff up to make loops is http://www.virtualdub.org/

oh did i mention its free :)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yeah for basic loop chopping and batch compressing virtualdub is great. It takes a bit of getting used to as it is a bit quirky but when you do it,s great for it,s price ;-)

While we,re on the subject of free software, has anyone tried http://ubuntustudio.com ? It includes some interesting looking open source video editing software:

pitivi - Video editor
cinepaint - A painting and image retouching program designed to work best with 35mm film and other high resolution high dynamic range images.
ffmpeg - Multimedia player, server and encoder
ffmpeg2theora - Theora video encoder using ffmpeg
kino - A non-linear editor for Digital Video data
stopmotion - A program for creating stop motion animation.
dvgrab - Grab digital video data via IEEE1394 links

messhead
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by messhead »

My bro's always on about that and its getting big aclaim, I may have give this a try, Anychance of getting resolume work with it...... ;)

Hugo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Hugo »

Im using Sony Vegas...

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

ive installed ubuntu (but not ubuntustudio) on one of my machines. the software options for it are awesome, gonna try out Wine tonight (allows windows software to run on linux) so i can see how resolume works on it as i cant yet get my head round compiling veejay.

most of the graphics software can be downloaded and installed through an add/remove programs list, which is a blessing for linux noobs like me....lol

dizzgo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dizzgo »

I use usualy Adobe After Effects and sometimes Adobe Premiere... Good usability many features...