software to play vids simultaneously

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
dizzgo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

software to play vids simultaneously

Post by dizzgo »

Hai all!

Im looking for a piece of software which allows me to play 4 or 5 clips simultaneously on different screens on the same machine.

Best thing would be different playlists for random playback, webinterface to controll... etc... ;)

If someone has a hint for me, please tell me without hesitation ;)

dizzgo

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

4 to 5 different screens? good luck trying to do that from one machine ;-)
Maybe you can write a little app in Processing or Max/Msp?

[Edited on 25-5-2007 by bart]

dizzgo

Post by dizzgo »

It works allready with Flash, but Flash sucks ;). I dont want to reencode all my vids as flashvids, and anyway i dont like Flash ;).
The screens have only a resolution of 320X20 so its not too heavy for one machine...

Thanks for your hints about Processing and Max/Msp. I dont know Max/Msp and i just read about Processing, but i'll have a look on both.

Tnx
dizzgo

btw, im still open for any hints you have ;)

dizzgo

Post by dizzgo »

Finally i got it working with 'vvvv' (http://vvvv.org)! Now i just have to test it "in the wild"!

Thanks again for your hints, they putted me in the right direction. And thanks to for reminding me of processing, is there a way do play processing jars as generators in resolume?

greetings
dizzgo

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Glad you got it working, post some pictures when you have it setup 'in the wild'!

It,s not possible to play Processing applets (jars) as generators in Resolume but it would definitely be killer feature! (but i doubt if it,s at all possible) If there is anybody who can do this (we do not have much experience with Java then we,d love to hire you!

[Edited on 4-6-2007 by bart]