problem of dual monitor

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
marco_

Post by marco_ »

i have pc with amd xp 1800+
matrox g550 dual
win2000, everething is good but if i try to use the second monitor like output (with video composite signal) i lost the preview of live output in main interface, this is bad if i can't look the 2 monitor output (for example if videoproiector is not near to me)
thanks

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yes version 1.1 wil support the DVDmax (overlay surface) option for the matrox cards ... this means you only have to activate the DVDmax option in the display settings ... run Resolume and you have fullscreen output on the second monitor AND a preview image on the main interface ... KEWL! ;-)

skydancer_

Post by skydancer_ »

yes.. overlay support would be very practical 8)

douglas_

Post by douglas_ »

can i use dual monitor if i don't have a special video card that supports it? namely, i have a notebook with VGA output as well as NTSC video out, but i can only output either a) what I see on the screen or b) full-screen video, but not, for example, the resolume control panel on my notebook screen and the video output on the external monitor.

is there a way to get around this, or do i need a super-duper notebook with dual-screen support? would a scan converter help, or would i get the same results?

thanks

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

there are some scan-converters available that can zoom in on a 1024x768 image to 320x240 (the size if the video in the resolume interface) ... what notebook do you have? most notebooks support dual-monitor!

douglas_

Post by douglas_ »

It's a fairly new VAIO (FX210) -- if ot does indeed have dual-monitor support, does this mean that if I connect the VGA output to a TV/beamer, that Resolume will automatically recognize this situation and keep the interface on my laptop screen while sending the output to the VGA port? This would be great if it means I can avoid having to deal with a scan converter. I suppose I could just rent/borrow/steal an LCD projector for a day, and then I'd know for sure...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

you have to setup the dual monitor by right-clicking the desktop then choose settings -> advanced. Here you can set the dual monitor properties ...

ChristoD_

Post by ChristoD_ »

hi guys,

i'm running Win XP on a Sony Vaio laptap (R505) and i've tried your recommendation for getting dual monitor by right-clicking the desktop. unfortunately, this doesn't give me any options about dual monitor. can you advise?
many thanks

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

does your vaio have a vga of tv-out connector?

if it does maybee you first have to connect one of these ports to get dual monitor options ...

ChristoD_

Post by ChristoD_ »

thnx Bartholomew. it has no tv out but does have a vga. but when i use the vga in resolume's dual monitor mode i just get the output of the entire desktop. ie. both the vga and the desktop have the same display - either the resolume desktop or the dual monitor screen. most frustrating!