dual monitors

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

a up guys, i was just wondering whats the deal with dual monitor set up and two graphics cards? whould this work? now one of these cards is going to be pci based so what i whant to know is if you've got a qulity card in your agp slot, gf3 say and you get a gf2 pci card whats the output going to be like? would this set up work with your program? which of the graphics cards is actualey creating the output?
allso i've noticed that a lot of graphics cards with t.v. out, only have a max resolution of 800*600 when you play through the t.v. thus rendering resolume unuseable unless you are allready runing resolmue but this only shows a part of the interface and doesn't allow you to scroll around the interface, any ideas?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

using two videocards actualy works best! and the pci one does not even have to be supa-dupa-fast-one if you run the main interface of resolume on it and not the (fullscreen) output window.

The card running the output window is doing all the work.

You can have a 800x600 tv out for the output window! Just make sure you run the main interface on a screen of at least 1024x768. and then undock the output window and drag it to the second screen running at any resolution you like ...

as-2_

Post by as-2_ »

hi,
from this discussion ,
if i understand ,that resolume works best with two grafic cards?
now i'm working with matrox g-400,
and i want to upgrade my system.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

or you can buy a Geforce2MX with twinview ... they are not so expensive ...

unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

when useing this methord i've found that resolume still sends the interface screen to the agp graphics card and not the pci one, which is what is needed as my agp card is far better then my pci one, any ideas? :)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

you can set the main interface window to the correct monitor using the 'Display: 1/2' buttons (just like the output window)

unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

chears guys i'm of to play with this now and will most definatly let you know how it go's :)

unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

no mater what i do , changeing the primery monitor to secondery in desktop propoties etc i stil carn't get resolume to boot up in anything but my agp slot card and all i get is a section of the interface thats non scrolable, as im runing the agp card with t.v.out at 800*600 the only thing i can think of is to tell my computer that the agp is the secondery card in some way, rarther than through desktop propites any sergestions? or know of any good dual monitor sites that i can find info, chaers unj:)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

here is what you can try:

set both displays to 1024x768 -> start resolume -> use the Display: 1/2 buttons on the bottom of the main-interface and output window to set the output window to the primary agp slot and the main interface to the secondary pci slot. -> now set the agp slot to tv-out and 640x480 using the display properties in windows.

that should do the trick ;-)

unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

the whole point at the moment is my agp graphics card will only set up at 800*600 when i use t.v.out and as im poor i carnt aford to by anouther monitor at the moment so was useing t.v.out as my second monitor. now i know not meny people will have this problem so i serpose i'll have to wait untill i get some more creds. but anyone useing a two card set up should check out http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
for a multi-monitor controle program