installing 2.41 on virtual machine.

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
VJ Rhett Bice
Is taking Resolume on a second date

installing 2.41 on virtual machine.

Post by VJ Rhett Bice »

I hope I'm not about to learn the hard way it would have been better just to download the mac version of Avenue and transfer my license. But I'm still going to want to use it on my PC.

VJ Rhett Bice

Re: installing 2.41 on virtual machine.

Post by VJ Rhett Bice »

Interesting experiment, all for the sake of hanging on to what's familiar, but ultimately too much of a headache.

We'll I've got about six hours of usable time to set up enough compositions in avenue for five hours of gigging tonight. The up side... at least the midi will be stable for once. My PC is always turning them off even when I disable the power options in the driver properties. Uhg... eventually PC's will be out of my life forever.

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

Is the PC a laptop?
Maybe the poweroptions are set to save power to external (inactive) devices thru USB ports. Try to use dedicated powersupply to your MIDI equipment.

On my laptop (and desktop) there are several powersaving options. (Not in the driver properties of the USB gear!) Just use the widows advanced powersettings and make sure the USB selective suspend settings are disabled! I guess they will override any driversettings...

Hope it helps!
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

VJ Rhett Bice

Post by VJ Rhett Bice »

Great tip! I'll check that out. At the moment I'm waiting for a graphics card to arrive.

VJ Rhett Bice

Post by VJ Rhett Bice »

I got some enjoyment out of using Avenue the other night. Unfortunately there was some crashing either related to output settings or maybe the DXV codec. Can't wait to spend some time getting to the bottom of that.

Also:
At times it would freak out and start strobing white grids. Couldn't find away to pull out of it without a restart.
and
There was an effect on the composition by default that compressed the output to a third of the frame. It took me a bit to figure it out as I was exploring the interface but eventually I found it and was relieved it wasn't something more serious. lol. I don't see how I could'a accidentally done that but I have had weirder things happen accidentally with keyboard flubs in other software.