"VH Screen Capture" Virtual DirectShow Driver in Resolume

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Alienwar3z
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

"VH Screen Capture" Virtual DirectShow Driver in Resolume

Post by Alienwar3z »

Hi guys, I have spent the last few days trying to run fugStream or PatchBox with Resolume Avenue w/o success :roll:

Was not easy to find, but now, finally, I can play with Milkdrop (or whatever u want) on Resolume!!! :o
"VH Screen Capture Driver" is a DirectShow filter which emulates Video Capture card and captures screen activity.

VH Screen Capture Driver is designed to be highly compatible with DirectShow capture software and is optimized to provide the best possible performance with any DirectShow-based applications. VH Screen Capture Driver is able to keep aspect ratio during resize, and follow mouse pointer when output size is less than capture area. It a good solution to broadcast screen content through network (internet).

:arrow: http://www.splitmedialabs.com/vh-video- ... en-capture
The live feed from virtual DirectShow filter (VH Capture) is quite stable and the framerate is more than acceptable on my laptop (Intel P8500 + Nvidia 9300), such as FreeFrame 1.0, but much easier and immediate!

Sorry for my bad English... :oops:

So... let me know your feedback! ;)
Attachments
Milkdrop on Avenue as LiveFeed
Milkdrop on Avenue as LiveFeed
Milkdrop_on_Avenue_01.JPG (87.33 KiB) Viewed 26455 times

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: "VH Screen Capture" Virtual DirectShow Driver in Resolume

Post by GeeEs »

Dude! This is awesome!

Thx for replying to my virtual camera input topic !! I'm going to try it tonight!
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by rxfromparis »

I have just passed a couple of hours checking this out. It works on Seven, but it does also take down my framerate by about 1/2 normal. My usual framerate would be around 60 with no clips charged, if i load vh ScrCap it goes down to 30 :( . Tried different capture sizes and all, same result. It's not to bad for software programmed in 2004. There seems to be a screen capture recorder capable of recording hd size output of Avenue uncompressed to the hard drive, i'll let you know if it checks out. Thx for the info :) :)

maybe someone could program a screen capture utility that works really great with Avenue??
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

basvcds

Post by basvcds »

Manycam does the trick for me :-) Its for windows and mac, and free.
Attachments
Screen shot 2009-12-10 at 21.33.21.png
Screen shot 2009-12-10 at 21.33.21.png (938.47 KiB) Viewed 26415 times

Anaximandr

Post by Anaximandr »

VH Screen Capture seems too slow for me. And I cannot activate fugStream on Resolume either. All I need is to send MilkDrop visualization to video mixer. And then I wonder whether I can stream to another laptop with Resolume via Wi-Fi to obtain symmetrical images. If you get closer to such solution, write it here, please.

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

i just tried out manycam, it's nice, but to slow to benefite from the real time effect in milkdrop, dommage :((
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by pleasuretek »

Didn't I post this same capture filter here a while ago... Yep works great... pipe any window into resolume with few frames latency but no anti-aliasing...

FYI, the bigfug streaming plugin is faster and higher quality if still using resolume 2.41 or other mixxers. Make sure to edit your config file to open socket on correct port and protocol. the highest port number is 65535, it makes it really easy to accept stream if you set port number in config to 65535 then push effect parameter/fader all the way to he right to select the highest port#.. Also if I remember correctly resolume defaults the fug reciver to port 44444 so you could set your config file to this.
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

I gave the VH Screen Capture plugin a try, but unfortunately the performance is very bad.
Framerates around 5-9 FPS...far from usable for me...
Manycam gave me the same results.. a littlebit better maybe, but nowhere near acceptable for live performance.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, will probably give it a go another go...
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

dep
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dep »

there is an effor underway by myself and few others from the vvvv forums to make a plugin that would be capable of fraps-style capture of directx apps such as vvvv, but feeding the image directly into avenue (implemented as a ffgl source)

here's the github repo we're working around: http://github.com/matiasw/ffgl-shared-memory-streamer
right now, it's only a simple ffgl source plugin that has nothing to do with capture at all - so far, most of our progress has been in the form of research (we have a Wave up for this project - ask me to be included).
probably the most important page we've found:
http://www.ring3circus.com/gameprogramm ... udy-fraps/

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

@ Deb
great !! :D